What is the best paint to watch drying?

21/03/17 07:33
Seen as this game and forum has got so boring, I was thinking of taking up paint drying watching. Any tips, emulsion, gloss, eggshell, matt or vinyl silk. What makes the best watching as an more interesting alternative to Rugby Manager. Ps could we have a decorating shop asap please.
21/03/17 08:51
On the basis that it has the longest drying time, a high quality gloss must be the one to go for Caernarfon.
21/03/17 09:23
Make sure you get popcorn to eat while watching it dry, and dont forget the butter lots and lots of butter.. None of this wussy healthy stuff.... Oh damm i said wussy.... Ummmmm let me fixed that... None of this looking after your body crap.... And of course dont forget the beer!!!!!!!
21/03/17 13:35
I'd second Hutchie's suggestion.

Although it would come at a considerably higher initial cost, a high quality, one coat gloss would keep you going for a couple of days per application.

For added excitement avoid the 'non-drip' variants as this would give additional drama as you waited to see if any streaks and runs appear.

I hope this helps.
21/03/17 14:04
Personally, I prefer whitewash.
21/03/17 17:20
Waspy Tiger :

Bit controversial that Waspy
21/03/17 17:33
Caernarfon RFC :

Waspy Tiger :

Bit controversial that Waspy

It's called banter, Caernarfon. You should try it sometime, it's a lot nicer than what some people think banter is...
21/03/17 18:06
Doh, did you not read my initial post or did it pass over your head lol
21/03/17 18:31
Caernarfon RFC :

Doh, did you not read my initial post or did it pass over your head lol

No. I'm just making the point that proper banter is great - like your first post and the rest of this thread - but sadly, we've had far too much stuff over recent months that has put lots of people off. And I'm trying to make that point in a humerous, non-confrontational way. Let's have more of the genuinely funny stuff, please, it has to be the way to go, and thank you for this thread.

Now Alquin, what's the point of single coat gloss? Surely watching a second coat adds piquancy to the whole adventure of watching paint dry?
21/03/17 18:53
Waspy Tiger :

England tried whitewash and ended up with a nasty green stain at the end. Not a good look