The BEGINNERS Guild local Tavern

11/01/17 00:26
Ryan Derenbecker :

Togo's Gorilla :

Mark Chapman :

blocking

A great defensive stat but not a CB core stat in my opinion

What makes blocking great for defense? Does it actually counter the opponent's blocking like some people believed?

And reception range/tackle/anti-juke/speed/stamina/D accel, not necessarily in that order (depends on your scheme).

Receiving, strength, and hit power are nice, but secondary (a CB dropping a pass is still a pass defense).

Blocking : Ability to block an opponent

i take it as a secondary stat for CB. When the opponent QB is about to throw the ball, his team runner will go forward. If your CB have enough point in Blocking, your CB will just stop them (reducing the amount of yard they gain by catching a long pass).
11/01/17 01:10
I found that when I boost my CB's kick return stats to max, he tends to trip the opponent and then stomp of their face to force a fumble 100% of the time. Sometimes he kills the player on the field and he instantly retires. It's very dramatic and exciting.
11/01/17 01:46
Togo's Gorilla :

i take it as a secondary stat for CB. When the opponent QB is about to throw the ball, his team runner will go forward. If your CB have enough point in Blocking, your CB will just stop them (reducing the amount of yard they gain by catching a long pass).

That's why I take receiving range as a high priority- it gets easier to tip the ball away or outright pick it. I'm jamming opposing receivers at the line for right now, so distance gained is less of an issue anyway.

But again, I'm champ level 1, so it's not like I'm facing any tough competition or am maxing any stats just yet.
11/01/17 01:56
Hey man - You seem super active and nice and all that. I am a right hand for PRO BOWLERS (the #2 ranked guild by total number of fans). We are active, chat a lot, and would be willing to help you out. Most of us in the guild have all sorts of special formations and plays. You will be lower ranked than most, but that is ok. However, if you want a "family" to talk with and share their inner secrets (which are only for the guild and not for the forums), then let me know who you are and challenge me in a friendly match so I can find you and invite you. My name is Da Cubs. Usually l'm somewhere in the top 40 in the rankings, so you can find me. Enjoy your posts and thoughts!
11/01/17 09:34
Ryan Derenbecker :

Togo's Gorilla :

That's why I take receiving range as a high priority- it gets easier to tip the ball away or outright pick it. I'm jamming opposing receivers at the line for right now, so distance gained is less of an issue anyway.

But again, I'm champ level 1, so it's not like I'm facing any tough competition or am maxing any stats just yet.

Don't worry because you have the right idea. And as i said, Blocking is secondary on CB. I still think that it's better

to max Receiving over Reception range. In case the pass is inaccurate or too fast (that happen a lot

in early level because QB aren't most of time well trained), Your CB will probably miss the ball even thought he will be

the first to react to the pass du to Reception range and if the WR have maxed Receiving he will

have a better chance to get the ball. This is pure theory though.
11/01/17 11:34
Cubs, if you're serious, I think I'll take you up on it. I joined a lower guild right off the bat just to be in one, but there seems to be more asking for heals than sending and nobody really talks. As you've seen, I have many questions and ideas, I could use some guidance.

My biggest concern is that I'll be a liability in challenges, since my team is only 12 stars right now, but the RP boost from a win and some sales I'll be making during the next busy window (before I move up and the players I wanna dump lose value) should help. I'm also training as fast as I can (hence the need for heals).
11/01/17 17:50
Ryan, I will send you a friend request on FB. That way it helps with the heals. I remeber when I first started out, that was one of the most frustrating parts of the game. Besides having no clue as to what you are doing! LOL. Only 5 a day, but better than nothing.
11/01/17 18:02
Yup, that'll definitely speed up my QB's recovery (tourney randomly put me up against a guy with a ton of 40s on his team, lost my then-starting RB and best QB for 2 days- more worried about the lost training time than anything). Thanks!
11/01/17 18:57
DOGHOUSE WAS HERE
12/01/17 01:31
Yeah, my KR and RB both are down for 2 days. Got injured in tourney. Lost that one and started a new. God it's such a slow drag to get where I was, but I'll get there. Sucks not having 40 GB to get another worker, using the balls to help along buildings. I'm estimating hopefully by this weekend I should have my stadium at level 7 and a guild hall built.