GvG tiebreaker

27/10/16 01:39
I hope I'm not the only one that dislikes gvg draws and mb both. My idea would be that in the event of a guild draw, the side that used the smallest amount of mb and still had a draw wins. This would discourage mb use significantly while still allowing it and also would take away debate and accusations that one team did or did not use mb because if there is a draw and no mb was used by either side then it would remain a draw. So true mb free guilds would be discovered to be truly mb free and the posers would have no choice but to admit mb was used. I feel this would reduce several problems we have.
27/10/16 14:36
Another good idea!

Personally still think there should be an MB stat added to the game stats page, to show who used what in each game. Could be part of this tie-break system.
28/10/16 12:35
I think it would be difficult to implement. But deffo agree draws are not ideal. My choice would be the side that used less matches to get to their target.
28/10/16 14:50
But that would encourage mb use. And our guild likes to maximize cash so will regularly lose 20 matches to one guy before cleaning the floor with the newly rich team.
29/10/16 19:29
It would be good to see an MB stat added during the game so you know when they are using it.
01/11/16 06:04
Disagree. Then how would the top guilds ever be beaten? As you've noticed the game isnt quite accurate with how it pairs up wars and to stand a chance the weaker guilds are forced to use MB to atleast try for the tie. Implement that tie breaker and watch how much interest is lost in wars as the weaker guilds would rather not even attempt entering wars knowing that basically 50% or more of the time they will never stand a chance at even tieing it up. You'll be faced with a monopoly the stronger guilds will have over wars and a why even bother attitude the weaker guilds will adopt.
01/11/16 11:56
An1malz :

Disagree. Then how would the top guilds ever be beaten? As you've noticed the game isnt quite accurate with how it pairs up wars and to stand a chance the weaker guilds are forced to use MB to atleast try for the tie. Implement that tie breaker and watch how much interest is lost in wars as the weaker guilds would rather not even attempt entering wars knowing that basically 50% or more of the time they will never stand a chance at even tieing it up. You'll be faced with a monopoly the stronger guilds will have over wars and a why even bother attitude the weaker guilds will adopt.

Surely you beat people by playing the game better and developing better strats (both individual teams strategies, as well as guild-wide strategies on how you approach the challenge as a group), rather than just throwing money at the issue!?

In our last GvG one of our teams, who was lvl15 beat 3 lvl24 sides without using MB - shows it's possible to beat higher rated teams with brain rather than bank.

You have a pretty low opinion of people if you think people play this game, so as not to play!!! Of course people will still want to have a go and test themselves against other teams in other guilds! Also, you'll have just as much of a chance of being drawn against a weaker guild as you would being drawn against a stronger one - so it should be relatively fair.
02/11/16 09:50
Sure. I work on my strat as well as the strats for most weaker players in my guild seasonly Alquin. Dont come here and try give an example of a rarity to justisy your case, u know that a lvl I5 beating a lvl24 is not a common thing and ultimately means the lvl24 sucks.

If u are going to go up against a guild that averages say lvl28 and besides u and a few others in your guild u sitting at lvl23s, u telling me now that this tie breaker must be set in place to enforce we dont stand a chance. Or we hope like hell that the little miracle win u mentioned our entire bottom half of the table can pull off? Good joke buddy, dont tell me i have a low opinion, im a realist, my head isn't the clouds counting on constant miracles to justify my point
02/11/16 09:55
Grow up u toss. Next time address the topic rather than try discredit me to prove your point
02/11/16 10:30
Sorry Animals, I have to say that it's REALLY not an anomaly in our guild. Our level 21-23 guys defend against and beat level 26's on a very VERY regular basis. Do the 26's suck? Yes... but so do most people on this game, the genuinely tough players are the anomaly which is why I personally try so hard to find them and play them as its the only time I get real challenges and therefore improve

Our guys, like Orlando Cheetahs and SeriousFun, usually get 10+ defences every GvG between them and all by far higher ranked teams. The stats and matches are there to see, so in that instance (regardless of your opinion of his idea) he is 100% correct. It's genuinely a running joke when we see level 26, and even 27 occasionally, challenge some of these guys cos we all know what's gonna happen. And the level 15 he spoke of, that happened 3 times in one GvG alone regularly bats WAY above his league ranking