mb for gvg

14/04/16 14:40
No bitterness here Waspy Waspy.
This is a fun game :o)

A few enhancements could make it better, but it's good .....

And I do like the banter, and the pint together after, as rugby should always be
14/04/16 15:06
larry homes :

Waspy has suggested people set better defence and be smarter. Would you disagree Taff?, and say that its killing a contest?

Well I do think it's a start - to play as well as you can. But we've had several weeks' worth of experience of the new MB regime now, so we can all make a more informed judgement of if we think it's improved the game or not, and if it has, by enough, or not.
14/04/16 15:20
A better point system would do. I have seen draws but one side has defended far more games. By adding 1 point for a defence win or draw then the real champ comes out.

Killer tried banter taff and got banned for his efforts. Need a over 18 chat room.
14/04/16 22:41
Who would of won your guild match Taff with that point system?...
15/04/16 08:53
larry homes :

Well with that sort of points system, the deliberate loses would be removed, so if I remove those, I still make it a draw lol
But now some of my guild can upgrade, and I am sure there is a very full bank over there too lol

Hey ho
15/04/16 09:00
Taff - British Lions :

"larry homes" :

Well with that sort of points system, the deliberate loses would be removed, so if I remove those, I still make it a draw lol
But now some of my guild can upgrade, and I am sure there is a very full bank over there too lol

Hey ho

Mr Error, 12-10, but then with that scoring system we would have all played it differently, so its not a great comparison :0)
16/04/16 21:49
There is a flaw in this gvg system. If you are wining 10-9 with 30min left, there is nothing stopping you from playing friendlies against your one undefeated player to stop the other team from challenging him. You then win by default.
16/04/16 23:51
That's surely more a flaw in the way you go about playing the challenge? You do have 24 hours to get your games in, it's not very clever to give your opponents that opportunity. It's not exactly a secret that this approach is possible, after all. And a bit hard to see how you could change the rules to legislate against it, at least not without making the game much more limiting in other ways. Get your games in early and this can't happen.
17/04/16 10:28
Waspy, how about allowing people to schedule a game to start if there's another playing (with gvg taking priority over a friendly?) as at the moment you get a message effectively saying this - your match will start in a few minutes, but then nothing happens with it!
17/04/16 11:40
Nothing against that, I just think that's likely to be quite a significant coding change when the obvious answer is to make sure you don't leave it to the last minute (or 30). Given the limited resource that appears to be available for changes, I believe it makes more sense to devote it to areas where there isn't an obvious and easily-applied workaround, personally - it's simply a matter of priorities, and I personally think addressing the bug in chat, dealing with mass substitutions and so on would be of more benefit to more people.