Recruiting players..

17/07/18 09:09
I am currently lvl61 and im finding it increasingly difficult to recruit any decent players, most players that come up are rubbish and the half decent ones are going for a ridiculous amount of recruiter points.Does this trend go all the way to the top? Is this why most of the top teams don't even bother recruiting players?
17/07/18 20:33
Guest FND7R :

I am currently lvl61 and im finding it increasingly difficult to recruit any decent players, most players that come up are rubbish and the half decent ones are going for a ridiculous amount of recruiter points.Does this trend go all the way to the top? Is this why most of the top teams don't even bother recruiting players?

You wont hve the same experience up top, it is 100x worse up there
05/08/18 13:11
Hurricanes86 :

I echo your feelings Hurricanes, it is becoming harder and harder to find decent players for my Wales team. There is hope however, as at the very top level (level 72 at present), the auctions are much better. Most people have maxed out visa teams and there are huge numbers of second-hand old visas listed pretty much on a daily basis, along with well trained other players. You get the feeling that this is done by the players, not Sweet Nitro however. I picked up an excellent 26 yo 11-14, 193 training speed, excellent training distribution for 102 RP(!!) just yesterday for our guild team. Mainly I just try to get old visas though for subs. The bad news, of course, is that you really need to have at least 15 maxed out Visas to survive up there - quite a few even have 22!

The levels just below 72, I'm not sure. If the players are not feeding the auctions with decent stock, I imagine the offering from Sweet Nitro is probably less than piss poor.
05/08/18 18:34
Has a visa free player ever made it no. 1?if so that guy is a legend coz seems like RM makes it impossible to do so..but hey guess its all about the money right...
05/08/18 19:24
Hurricanes86 :

Has a visa free player ever made it no. 1?if so that guy is a legend coz seems like RM makes it impossible to do so..but hey guess its all about the money right...

Several Visa free players have.
05/08/18 21:58
Black Monks :

Hurricanes86 :

Anyone in particular and are we talking recent history? It is definitely harder now I would say plus do they exclude rp transfers or loans for a few particuarly given these may have been from credit card players?
05/08/18 22:05
I would say that it is currently nearly impossible to get to no. 1 without any visas at all (whether bought with a credit card or RP).

In fact I would say it is extremely difficult to get to and stay at the top level (currently 72) without any.

Yes the game is absolutely rigged to favour those who spend money and those who feed off the crumbs of the people who spend money. I would add that buying the special offer at season end to jump and get 4 stars also gives your team an incredible boost.

For the record, I've done a little bit of everything. I have jumped season end, bought visas with a CC and been lucky/clever enough to play the buying and selling game and accumulate enough RP to buy young visas in the auctions.
05/08/18 22:27
I would say that all the top players do whatever it takes for them to get to the top. The game moves on and what worked before does not necessarily work now. The best of the best figure it out and the rest of us play catch up. Fortunately, there can still be a bit of fun in that.
05/08/18 22:37
One of the fallen legends of the game :

Black Monks :

Hurricanes86 :

Anyone in particular and are we talking recent history? It is definitely harder now I would say plus do they exclude rp transfers or loans for a few particuarly given these may have been from credit card players?

I haven't watched recently, so definitely long ago
05/08/18 22:55
i got to number one in division 69 this season. i have two visa players but got them both from auction.

S