Open Letter to all looking for answers

10/03/17 22:18
My post asking for members of this forum to not be called was deleted, for what reason?
10/03/17 22:20
Sad day when even stating that people should not be called criminal fools is ignored to that level. Friday afternoon and the mod starts calling people gravely insulting names and deleted the post asking for peace and no name calling. Sad
10/03/17 22:24
Carshalton Colts :

Liverpool RFCXV :

1, Who moderates the moderators?
2, Who, when someone applies to be a mod see's this and who says yes or no?
3, Can "we" as forum users have some clarity on the clear lack of continuity when it comes to handing out bans, if its good for the goose and all that right?

Liverpool RFC

Liverpool, apologies for not coming in on this before and indeed your later comments. I am trying to stay well out of this type of thread not because I have nothing to say but purely in an effort not to further aggravate and give opportunity to the recidivist idiots who continue to disrupt the forum at every opportunity. I shall therefore just help others when I can and continue to address posts and comments that are unacceptable.

1. The admin and developers moderate the moderators. Admin changed my own status to admin. Why? I know not. I did not ask for this and it actually makes no difference to what I can and cannot do other than being able to apply changes to the actual sections of the layout of the forum.

2. I do not know. I responded to an open invite for volunteers and was accepted a while back. I was also asked some time later by the admin if I could / would recommend anybody to perform a similar role. I recommended Colstons. I do not know this guy outside of this game but through guild interactions formed the opinion that he was sensible and trustworthy. They asked me, I replied. That is all it was. My call. Their decision.

3. The handing out of bans will always be subjective but we have now agreed that any consideration of a ban in excess of 48 hours must be referred to the senior admin / devs. Any sensible rugby loving person with commensurate common sense will know whether or not they are going outside the unwritten (yes) boundaries of what is acceptable in a forum that is meant to be family friendly. When was the last time any sanction was given anyway?

Hope this helps some of your concerns.

CC,

Thank you for your response, I am content with your answer to my questions. Please may I request the following:-

How about we/you recruit one or two other mods to help out, I notice we have only two and the French forum has about 3 or 4, now I am not at all saying I should be one and please don't think that this is what this is all about because it isn't. I understand your challenges and I respect them, but where we find ourselves now isn't ideal, we have two mods that are co-located in the same guild. I fully understand your position at the time the question was posed to you and I get it and I respect your honesty, I would have done the same without a doubt.

If we had just one or two more that sat outside of said guild, then this may be the voice of reason if you like. Where we find ourselves now it does seem a little one sided when it came to bans (not wanting to dredge up the history). In essence I feel if the forum community had person/s that where not linked to the ability to private chat then I personally feel this would help massively.

You asked me when any sanctions where last given, the last one I recall was given to BM and given out by yourself and it was a 7 day ban. This was issues some time ago. This is the last one I recall, that said its not about how long ago its about the reasoning and what has been done/said since.

Look forward to your response.

Regards

Liverpool RFC

10/03/17 22:30
Liverpool, can I ask you what makes you think that Colstons is inTEAM GB?
10/03/17 22:31
Because he has admitted passively to being Bristol this week
10/03/17 22:32
And carshalton confirmed in the post he just wrote
10/03/17 22:32
And why do you deny what is confirmed?
10/03/17 22:33
We are the Hutchie :

Liverpool, can I ask you what makes you think that Colstons is inTEAM GB?

Mate,

I said the same when I read it. I will not give out Guild or team names here but its on the forum for you to read bro.
10/03/17 22:37
Liverpool RFCXV :

Carshalton Colts :

Liverpool RFCXV :

1, Who moderates the moderators?
2, Who, when someone applies to be a mod see's this and who says yes or no?
3, Can "we" as forum users have some clarity on the clear lack of continuity when it comes to handing out bans, if its good for the goose and all that right?

Liverpool RFC

Liverpool, apologies for not coming in on this before and indeed your later comments. I am trying to stay well out of this type of thread not because I have nothing to say but purely in an effort not to further aggravate and give opportunity to the recidivist idiots who continue to disrupt the forum at every opportunity. I shall therefore just help others when I can and continue to address posts and comments that are unacceptable.

1. The admin and developers moderate the moderators. Admin changed my own status to admin. Why? I know not. I did not ask for this and it actually makes no difference to what I can and cannot do other than being able to apply changes to the actual sections of the layout of the forum.

2. I do not know. I responded to an open invite for volunteers and was accepted a while back. I was also asked some time later by the admin if I could / would recommend anybody to perform a similar role. I recommended Colstons. I do not know this guy outside of this game but through guild interactions formed the opinion that he was sensible and trustworthy. They asked me, I replied. That is all it was. My call. Their decision.

3. The handing out of bans will always be subjective but we have now agreed that any consideration of a ban in excess of 48 hours must be referred to the senior admin / devs. Any sensible rugby loving person with commensurate common sense will know whether or not they are going outside the unwritten (yes) boundaries of what is acceptable in a forum that is meant to be family friendly. When was the last time any sanction was given anyway?

Hope this helps some of your concerns.

CC,

Thank you for your response, I am content with your answer to my questions. Please may I request the following:-

How about we/you recruit one or two other mods to help out, I notice we have only two and the French forum has about 3 or 4, now I am not at all saying I should be one and please don't think that this is what this is all about because it isn't. I understand your challenges and I respect them, but where we find ourselves now isn't ideal, we have two mods that are co-located in the same guild. I fully understand your position at the time the question was posed to you and I get it and I respect your honesty, I would have done the same without a doubt.

If we had just one or two more that sat outside of said guild, then this may be the voice of reason if you like. Where we find ourselves now it does seem a little one sided when it came to bans (not wanting to dredge up the history). In essence I feel if the forum community had person/s that where not linked to the ability to private chat then I personally feel this would help massively.

You asked me when any sanctions where last given, the last one I recall was given to BM and given out by yourself and it was a 7 day ban. This was issues some time ago. This is the last one I recall, that said its not about how long ago its about the reasoning and what has been done/said since.

Look forward to your response.

Regards

Liverpool RFC

I have no problem with any of that whatsoever and indeed think it would be advantageous. I would especially like someone else to experience the 'crap' we have had to endure from the 'few'. You may have noticed that the admin did appoint another moderator called 'admin' a short while ago. He came in, answered some questions posed and totally ignored the contentious threads. Fat use! I will recommend your appointment to Fada et al but you must believe me that I also struggle to get a response from the admin / dev side. I have been waiting on a response to an ongoing 'reported' issue since last Tuesday, as an example. It is also a shame that there is no PM system on here. At least dirty washing could be laundered without subjecting the good intentioned to the waste water!
10/03/17 22:44
Carshalton, do you see how so many people tell you that the handling you have and continue us to give me is unjust and how you continue us to passively blame me? I asked for personal info to not be posted, I was banned for a week, while banned admin stated I was right and you should not have banned me and that they spoke with you, upon my return your guild repeatedly attacked me due to your pride, I try to leave the game and you do everything in your power to get me to say something that can cause you to ban me and delete the post but I don't fall for your bait, you are gone for a week after fada said he punished you for the way you openly and egregiously mocked me and still according to you all of this is my fault?!?! It's unbelievable. Take responsibility for your behaviors and I stop immediately, but part of the responsibility will be you stepping down since you have shown an inability to be responsible. Even when you say you are trying to make peace you call members of this community recidivist idiots, I would have been banned for that, but you are justified because you and your guild have been verbally abusive and I don't take it?