Match Bonus again!

22/10/16 09:30
Would it be possible to have the cost of using MB paid in fans instead of from your bank balance? I think it would be a stronger deterrent not to use MB based on the fact that fans are about the only thing that can't be bought and all the rankings are based on fan numbers.
Sure, you could go through your championship games using MB and achieve the next level but it will decimate your fan level which won't make you popular with your Guild.

I would suggest that MB be set at max 50% as before but for all levels, then every time you use that little MB slider, every 1% MB will cost you 20 fans to be deducted when you play the game. There will also be a follow on effect of reduction in income from ticket sales as your fan base diminishes. I believe this idea would be easy to implement and put an interesting twist into the tactics of the game.

In the real world, your fans wouldn't like you using MB anyway so you will lose some every time you use it.

Apologies if this has been suggested before.
22/10/16 10:55
100 fans for a little MB isn't a deterrent for most people, and NOOOOOO to upping it to 50% again

Drop it to 10% and have it cost 100 fans per %, AND the cost of all of your gate receipt plus the usual fee, then we'll see who wants it!
22/10/16 12:39
I think you have to make a reasonable compromise with the developers otherwise nothing will change.
22/10/16 13:10
But losing 20 fans per 1% is 1000 fans per game at the max of 50% which you're suggesting. That is far less of a deterrent than losing cash is as you make 1000 fans when you win, plus you can gain those fans back in a simple map match afterwards so the cost of MB will be nothing at all by doing it your way. They already decreased it once, re upping it and taking away the cost is a huge step backwards. You can gain 8000+ fans a day through map games if your stadium is level 20 or below, so only fan loss through MB is a moot point as you can easily gain back what you lose

That's all I was trying to say bud, if you want less MB we have to build on what's there to deter it now, not remove the deterrent completely and more than double the MB available at the top levels
22/10/16 13:20
Even if you times your fan loss idea by 10, you can still use 40% MB and regain all of the fans that you've lost in half an hour

I'm all for finding a way to stamp this out, let's just make it a real deterrent is all I'm saying
23/10/16 09:53
The Warthogs :

Would it be possible to have the cost of using MB paid in fans instead of from your bank balance? I think it would be a stronger deterrent not to use MB based on the fact that fans are about the only thing that can't be bought and all the rankings are based on fan numbers.
Sure, you could go through your championship games using MB and achieve the next level but it will decimate your fan level which won't make you popular with your Guild.

I would suggest that MB be set at max 50% as before but for all levels, then every time you use that little MB slider, every 1% MB will cost you 20 fans to be deducted when you play the game. There will also be a follow on effect of reduction in income from ticket sales as your fan base diminishes. I believe this idea would be easy to implement and put an interesting twist into the tactics of the game.

In the real world, your fans wouldn't like you using MB anyway so you will lose some every time you use it.

Apologies if this has been suggested before.

It's a creative idea but not sure about your realism point. Haven't met many fans in real life who boycott their team because they played too well in the last game
23/10/16 14:16
Why not a maximum % that any team can use in a single championship? In real top level table matches it is not uncommon for a team to underperform some matches to stay healthy and ready for more important matches. Then it is somewhat real, mb becomes somewhat of a strategy, and it's not a mindless crank of the knob to max for some. I still don't like mb and haven't used it since i was in the teens, but if teams could only use a total of say 50% or 75% it would be an improvement over some people using 300% total in a championship.