Debate for MB

.Leicester Tigers. :

The fact remains that our guild has had several draws where we have won eg 18 games against the 10 just reached by the other team. How is that a fair result? I don't accept that all our away wins have been where no bonus has been used by the home side either.

Hawkes, you all bonus up and win 10, we do it and we will win 10? Always happens does it? No. There will be away wins and even the odd one or two should be recognised and counted towards the challenge result. Otherwise these situations always end in a draw which is what people are complaining about.

This is a separate issue. I agree, I too would like to see changes to the Guild Challenge; personally I would cut it down to one match each, and then there can be no mistakes and 'away wins' would matter. And to back up Hawkes, I believe that you could count on one hand the Guilds capable of taking even a game of off Lomu's if Lomu's played every match at 100% MB, which they actively try not to.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. We have had the "pleasure" of playing Lomu in the Guild challenge. Some of our top players were able to get some wins against them but this is only because they didn't use MB. I'm sure they - and the other top Guilds (with one or two exceptions) would prefer to win fairly rather than "buying" the win.
Gareth Lewis :

The acquisition of Gold Balls does not give me any strategic advantage over opposition at my same level - it just speeds up the process of me getting there.

I think your missing the point on this; most players are not at that level, and will not get there for months. Even if they do get their buildings upgraded, they cannot compete against the spending players when it comes to recruitment. Thus the possibility of having a strong competitive lineup is beyond them - unless they spend cash.

Hence the leveling effect that MB provides is a welcome effect for 90% of the casual players.

I mentioned previously that it could be dialed down a notch or two, perhaps to max 50% of underlying rating (or a reasonable level that is still effective). but not eliminated - or then you will really see lots of people leave, not just one or two. IMHO it should be available in all competitive modes (it doesn't apply in training matches) but DISCLOSED to all as a boost icon (or similar), and particularly in GVG defence mode, as currently people just use MB to ensure they at a min draw the event - which is not very rewarding for the active engagement of the participants.
Gareth Lewis :

I have 2 teams in this game and this very morning I started the process of leaving the game because of the impact the MB has on the results of matches.

One team is in a Top 5 guild, level 13 and is maxed out for (most) buildings and 140,000 fans. The other is in an Academy guild and at Level 5. I am one of the fortunate ones who can afford to acquire Gold Balls so I accelerated the development process shortening the time it gets from getting to the top to a matter of weeks as opposed to many months.The acquisition of Gold Balls does not give me any strategic advantage over opposition at my same level - it just speeds up the process of me getting there.

Match bonus however has a completely different impact on the game. When deployed it makes the hours of work I have spent perfecting my team strategy and skills redundant if I don't also use a MB to stave off the impact of a team often 20* lower than me using 100% MB. The impact is huge and very disproportionate. When I have just been turned over by one of these teams I Immediately play them again in a friendly (where MB is not used). The two teams are equally tired (so no advantage there) and I have numerous instances whereby I have lost the "competition" game only to win the friendly by 30 or 40+ points.

Why does this irk me so? It’s because it doesn't happen in the real world and this game should be as close to that as possible. Imagine 2 teams like Preston Grasshoppers taking on Saracens. Are you trying to tell me that by paying the PG players 100% MB they will beat Saracens because they have a greater incentive to win? I think not. They don’t have the skills or conditioning to do so regardless of how much bonus they are paid.

MB is the Admins way to slow down the speed of the development of teams by making teams use up their money in games or to encourage more acquisitions of Gold Balls as people can't develop as fast as they want to.

In reality playing games on this app not knowing whether your opponent is using a MB - or what % they are using - is a gamble which has no place in reality whatsoever. It has got to the point whereby you have to assume your opponent is playing 100% MB and you decide whether to counter this or not. Remember my top team generates about £15 - £20m per day so if it comes to always playing with 100% MB I would win most games.

The Admin asked for ideas. Well here are mine:

Championship, Tournament and Training Matches
Remove the MB option completely (why you would want to use a MB in a Training match anyway I never know). In these games we are all pretty much competing against similar levels of skill and development. Let the tactics and strategy prevail.

Guild Matches
With the exception of the top guilds which only accept high fan number players, most guilds have a cross-section of abilities. Allow these games to be played with a MB to try and even things out for the smaller teams BUT with the following proviso:

All MB need to be set at least 5 minutes before the start of the game (and cannot be altered) and the amount used can be seen by your opponent. The player would then have the 5 minutes before the game to adjust the strategy and change players to counteract the threat.

I would also allow MB to be set for defensive games from challengers too so that the challenger does not have too much of an advantage (which is why so many guild challenges end up in a draw). A point for every successful defence should also be considered considering the odds are stacked against you!

Depending upon what the admins decide will be the deciding factor on whether I stay in the game or not and whether they have the chance of receiving any more of my real £ or not!

This could be a great game (with a few tweaks). Let's not let MB ruin it.

I know my guild is starting to feel this way too! I am starting to wonder if that is there plan to get rid of top teams!

I know my guild is starting to feel this way too! I am starting to wonder if that is there plan to get rid of top teams!

I personally dont think the match bonus fully removed but i feel the impact could be reduced.. i have played the game for a long time nonow and the higher the league im in the more i get bonuesed i dont feel everyone does it to gain an advantage i feel that they do it as they expect there opponant too.. i lost 3 out my first 5 league games to lesser opponants by a large margin and it really pissed me off.. we are lucky as a guild to have a good guild challenge record but i do try and encourage my players to not use there bonuses.. i feel if you was able to see the match bonus being used on the screen where you see a teams star quality and be able to change yours accordingly.. and you wouldnt be able to change it 5 minutes before kick off.. as far as guild challenges are i feel that yoh should be able to use one in defence to give your team a chance.. the other day i played someone nearly 20 star lower than me and i narrowly lost despite playing then in numerous friendlys and winning with ease.. i do believe the game needs changes to match bonus first.. i know an awful lot of players who are becoming frustrated with the game and cant be bothered to change strategies instead just moving up the match bonus
I'm killerkiwis in the game and I say keep match bonus. I would like to see it work on def in gvg games but on a hole I like the idea..i would like the price adjusted so the bigger guy does not need to spend 5 mill to achieve the same bonus they get for 2 mill ( those are not exact prices but you get point ) I would like to see gvg ranked over bob the builder rankings in game too or at least rank gvg ..I would love a limit on subs.....I not understand all the crying over smaller guys not being able to beat lomus or other big guys .. if you were smart you can beat anyone that's not prepared for it ... just might take a bit of time for the moment to play game but that's the things you need to do when your smaller. use your smarts . set your team up for the guy your playing . I not want to give away all the tricks but use what the game offers .... help your guild to work out ways to beat bigger guilds .no guild is unbeatable. leaders that just let the top ten bobs in there team play every time are not helping there guilds at all ether.. your best players might not be bob the builders .. enjoy playing you all ..... see you in gvg oh just to add ..

gareth..
if your willing to spend money on this game . I ask why your to cheep to put free cash on match bonus?? or are you to big and cool... just think how much the smaller guy is willing to spend on a game to beat you and how much more he enjoys it when he wins. . save the loss and put money on mb. I know it will slow down your building because your spendingcash , but do you want to be bob the builder or win the rugby?

also I would keep it at 2 games each in gvg. its a good cover for ppl who might get busy in lfe for that day..

Tolgate 23/7 :

"Slippery Tiger" :

Leave match bonus as it is although I agree to let the bonus level be revealed AFTER a game.

The BIG issue with G v G is that the away team gets nothing for a win.

Change this and do not worry about the bonus. The bonus is available to all. The 'coiners' don't like it but it is available to their massively strong teams the same as it is to everybody else so what is the issue! Yes you work on strategy. Use of the bonus blends in to that strategy on the day.

If anything the availability of the bonus gives the smaller teams more of a chance and keeps up the interest. Those who keep losing will eventually leave the game completely.

So please recognise away wins in GvG. Keep the same 10 teams. Allow bonus. Play the same ampunt of games but please, please, please recognise the away team's win which is currently achieved without bonus and through pure strategic skill .

I do not get your logic. MB makes it harder for the smaller teams. I can afford to spend 10 million each day putting a maximum bonus in, as many of my facilities are maxed out and I make enough on top of the 10 Mil to pay for what I want. I do not think it is fair that I have that much of an advantage against those who want to improve their facilities, but do not have the money as they need to pay out a great big MB to stay competitive.

Not that I am 'Saint'; there is a selfish motive too. I and no doubt quite few others want to know how good we really are. Do we lose by twenty points because we are not tactically good enough, or do we lose because of a huge match bonus? Cutting the influence of MB would help to answer that.

play friendly's

Love the idea of the match bonus being displayed before the game and say its locked 30 minutes before the game where you can eyther match the team with the highest bones or lower your own.
Home team has a 60% bonus and away team puts a 15% bonus on, this means the bonuses become visable 30 minutes before the match and the home teams bones is then fixed but the away team has the option to match the 60% or choose a bonus between 0&60% ,this will only work with the tournaments and championship but i believe it would be a big improvement.

As for gvg i would agree on removing it completely but still have a participation award of 100 for a loss as long as they play all there games to keep the smaller guys putting in some effort/activity levels up and making a 200 for draw and 350 for a win (all effected by guild hall level)

Training matches i dont know why you would ever MB with them so if it saves you time i wouldn't worry about them
Reduce the impact of MB by a lot
I have to say I quite like the MB. In a number of our guild challenges we've come up against much stronger opposition and at least the MB gives a chance. It's not much fun getting thrashed by a team four levels higher than you (but I understand it's not fair losing to a side four levels below you when you can't defend with a MB of your own)

I think the big problem here is the structure of the guild challenges where you get huge mismatches between teams. Nobody seems to be complaining about MBs in championship or tournament games...