Unfair reimbursing if gold coins

Carshalton Colts, a ticket was raised for money that went missing. This happens to some players apparently frequently but has never happened to me. My opinion is that it's a game flaw. How do you press the wrong button so many times that your money disappear? Anyway. The issue was raised around this 50 000 000 money. Then when the reimbursement came it wasn't returned in money but in gold balls.
I must state here that I have no problem with anyone in AOC or associated with AOC. I have a problem with the ethics around the matter. You cannot buy proper players in the auction house as everything is overpriced.
I am not the best in the game, but been religiously playing almost from the start, and trying to be competitive and enjoy the game on an ethical level.
I have never said a bad thing about anyone or got into a tussle about any matters, but this has a big effect in the game, especially on the top levels.
Wow that would certainly give u a leg up or 87 legs up with that many gold balls.... Just think of the new pairs of socks i could get with those
LOL and apparently me some ties
In my city recently, a student benefited from an admin error that saw R14million transferred into her bank account instead of R1400 as her government student grant. So someone mistakenly added a few zero's too many.

The student didn't report the error but instead went on a spending spree. By the time the error was picked up, she had already spent about R800,000.

She is now being held accountable for spending money that she knew did not belong to her.

I find the parallels with this story quite fascinating.
Lol how old is this kid?
Old enough to keep getting invites from your guild apparently

Thanks for the invites man, but I'm happy where I am.
Her age isn't stated anywhere on news forums but must be around 20. It said somewhere she could get jail time of up to 15 years.
Jagermeister Bittereinders :

Her age isn't stated anywhere on news forums but must be around 20. It said somewhere she could get jail time of up to 15 years.

I read in one paper that her mother was angry with her - not because she spent the money wrongfully, but because she didn't use the money to buy her mother a new house
TerraNovan Phalanx :

In my city recently, a student benefited from an admin error that saw R14million transferred into her bank account instead of R1400 as her government student grant. So someone mistakenly added a few zero's too many.

The student didn't report the error but instead went on a spending spree. By the time the error was picked up, she had already spent about R800,000.

She is now being held accountable for spending money that she knew did not belong to her.

I find the parallels with this story quite fascinating.

Exactly, and the impact that it has on the game is extremely significant. Many games hire economists to make sure the environment doesn't crash, while I don't this this game has hired one, you can see that the devs have brushed up on econ and this error would have changed their decisions. And to be clear, if I had been given the balls as a mistake I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same or worse, I just would have known punishment was a real possibility. And I don't have any reason to believe there was malice or even long term thought of the disadvantage to others. No respect lost by AOC in my opinion.
True. But that's like match-fixing or game fixing. However, you look at it. So if you play against them it isn't a fair contest. It's like using steroids or injecting your team with MB.