MB - Making A Stand. Anyone else?

Brian Bryson :

How is it that you guys throw your toys out the cot because you lose with match bonus but you find its fair to make 30 substitutes in 1 game. You are only doing well because you spend lots of real money which makes the competition unfair. Match bonus is part of the strategy within the game. I would love a game that people that do not spend real money be able to compete against people that spend loads of real money, Without match bonus that would not be possible.

You can try and say you not buying your way up but accelerating things buy spending real money, but please answer this question as I do not know the answer, is it possible to get 45 strong players like your team without spending real money?

Why not compete someone 15 against 15 and really test your tactics, instead of making 30 substitutes because you can afford 45 really good players.

Well said
.Leicester Tigers. :

"Brian Bryson" :

How is it that you guys throw your toys out the cot because you lose with match bonus but you find its fair to make 30 substitutes in 1 game. You are only doing well because you spend lots of real money which makes the competition unfair. Match bonus is part of the strategy within the game. I would love a game that people that do not spend real money be able to compete against people that spend loads of real money, Without match bonus that would not be possible.

You can try and say you not buying your way up but accelerating things buy spending real money, but please answer this question as I do not know the answer, is it possible to get 45 strong players like your team without spending real money?

Why not compete someone 15 against 15 and really test your tactics, instead of making 30 substitutes because you can afford 45 really good players.

Well said

Could not agree more!
Brian - my main team is in a top 5 guild and I've reached 140k and the top level league as well, having never purchased a gold ball with actual cash. It's difficult but possible to compete; just work hard at understanding the game!
I personally see using money to purchase gold balls as far more unfair than using MB which is a leveller within the game, but it's a key part of the commercial setup for the developers so it's inevitable.
Use of MB is a choice for all players, and penalises those with small squads proportionally far less than those with massive squads. Artificially training players however which can then be top performers or can be sold for high sums does de-stabilise the balance of power at the top end. Again, like MB it's an option for all players, except that not all players have actual money available, so that's an uneven playing field. I know people who earn in a day less than the small package of 50ish gold balls costs, and there are kids playing this game too who you'd hope wouldn't be repeatedly shelling out cash for this, but these games do get addictive.
Replacements are a part of the game these days, gone are the days of injury only replacements... I am however in favour of a match day 23, as in the real world. The closer the game can match the real world variant the better in my book. Taff - British Lions Guild
Alistair Jones :

Replacements are a part of the game these days, gone are the days of injury only replacements... I am however in favour of a match day 23, as in the real world. The closer the game can match the real world variant the better in my book. Taff - British Lions Guild

/sign
Hawks Hunters :

Brian - my main team is in a top 5 guild and I've reached 140k and the top level league as well, having never purchased a gold ball with actual cash. It's difficult but possible to compete; just work hard at understanding the game!
I personally see using money to purchase gold balls as far more unfair than using MB which is a leveller within the game, but it's a key part of the commercial setup for the developers so it's inevitable.
Use of MB is a choice for all players, and penalises those with small squads proportionally far less than those with massive squads. Artificially training players however which can then be top performers or can be sold for high sums does de-stabilise the balance of power at the top end. Again, like MB it's an option for all players, except that not all players have actual money available, so that's an uneven playing field. I know people who earn in a day less than the small package of 50ish gold balls costs, and there are kids playing this game too who you'd hope wouldn't be repeatedly shelling out cash for this, but these games do get addictive.

I agree that we need to play with what we given, I disagree with the concept of using 30 substitutes but it is within the rules and everyone is entitled to use it without people making a point that they should not use it because it *unfair as this thread was saying about match bonus. I only mentioned it because Welsh Wizard was using that advantage while others use the match bonus as an advantage.

How about morale? Why criticise MB but it's okay to have 99% morale? Are they not similar?
Insert penis joke here
Leicester Tigers - brothers in arms :

Insert penis joke here

What does that mean?
mb is only unfair if 1 has it and 1 does not like gvg . mb in champ is fair cause you both have it . just because you don't know how much to put on is part of the game . just like its fair that some one can buy gold balls. we all can so that's fair.. theres no huge bonus with buying balls as the amount of money you spend to grow is crazy. but that's still ok .. just like if a guy feels like putting mb full on a game against you and you choose not to or choose to put it low..

the only fix it needs is to be added or taken off 1 side in gvg... tournys might be a good place to have no mb games. and a sub limilt of 5 too.
killerkiwis :

mb is only unfair if 1 has it and 1 does not like gvg . mb in champ is fair cause you both have it . just because you don't know how much to put on is part of the game . just like its fair that some one can buy gold balls. we all can so that's fair.. theres no huge bonus with buying balls as the amount of money you spend to grow is crazy. but that's still ok .. just like if a guy feels like putting mb full on a game against you and you choose not to or choose to put it low..

the only fix it needs is to be added or taken off 1 side in gvg... tournys might be a good place to have no mb games. and a sub limilt of 5 too.

This is the most reasoned and logical suggestion I have read about this issue.

Considering everything I agree with killerKiwis but I'd have 8 subs to mirror the real game.