Unfair auction house??

I just started Rugby manager for a couple of days and so far I have made around 140recruiter points. I managed this by putting most of my investments into the auction house.

The thing is I need a centre or wing (positions 11 to 14) and these guys are incredibly expensive, so far I have been outbid on all the centre's and wingers that were on the auction. In general, I think for someone who just started this game the prices on the auction house seem to be way to high (60 to 1200 and more), is this because of unfair competition with people who play longer or people that pay for recruiter points? Is this correct or is it just me?

Anyhow so far it sort of ruins the game for me, because it would be nice if I could at least buy a relatively decent player on the AH.

I know people don't really like to give advice and such, but is there something I'm missing?

Hi this will get easier for you once you start growing the rest of your village, upgrading the auction house in turn will increase your turn over of points also selling on players that are not required in your squad may help too.
Once you've reach guild level join a guild to increase points turnover in guild battles.
Prices can be very high for popular players, but there are ways round it - once you're in a guild, you can earn extra recruiter points through Guild Challenges, but in fact you don't actually need to buy 11/14 or 12/13 players - you can train ANY player to play in these positions by applying the training points you earn through training and playing training or competitive matches to the skills you want in your wingers. So if you have a spare full back, for example, you can allocate the points to the skills you want your players to have, which allows you to build a team that suits the style of rugby you wish to play.
Well thanks, that was really helpful. One more thing I read that some players don't even get sold on the auction house (players disappear when no bids are made). Does this still happen?
Yes off-road, if your player doesn't sell, you do not get him back.

It takes some time and effort to build your team and strategy, but it's a fun journey
OffRoad :

Well thanks, that was really helpful. One more thing I read that some players don't even get sold on the auction house (players disappear when no bids are made). Does this still happen?

This is correct once a player is transfer listed and is unsold he is then removed from your squad.
You don't need to have a wing or a center to play in those positions either. You and play players out of position. Full back at wing for instance. Plus my advice would be buy players young 18-21 with high training % look for 160% plus. And avg to high recovery above 2.5per hour. It works out better in the long run once you are at higher lvl means less player turnover. And don't focus on what star lvl they are to much, focus on the players i have Stated they will lvl up fast.

And don't auto assign skill points manually do the based on thier potions. Backs have no need for scrum but for some strange reason it likes to put point in there for some strange reason.
Waspy Tiger :

Prices can be very high for popular players, but there are ways round it - once you're in a guild, you can earn extra recruiter points through Guild Challenges, but in fact you don't actually need to buy 11/14 or 12/13 players - you can train ANY player to play in these positions by applying the training points you earn through training and playing training or competitive matches to the skills you want in your wingers. So if you have a spare full back, for example, you can allocate the points to the skills you want your players to have, which allows you to build a team that suits the style of rugby you wish to play.

Hi Waspy,

I feel it is a bit stupid that you can play any player in any position.

Yes, the attributes differ for each, but it would still not be fair to play a wing in a flyhalf or prop position. Also, i noted that the nr 8 and 15 in AH is very cheap and you'll find many people with mostly nr8 and 15 to fill the whole team. This is basically unrealistic.

Perhaps a 5* or 10* penalty can be intruduced for that?

Thats my 2 cents
Hilgard Neethling :

"Waspy Tiger" :

Hi Waspy,

I feel it is a bit stupid that you can play any player in any position.

Yes, the attributes differ for each, but it would still not be fair to play a wing in a flyhalf or prop position. Also, i noted that the nr 8 and 15 in AH is very cheap and you'll find many people with mostly nr8 and 15 to fill the whole team. This is basically unrealistic.

Perhaps a 5* or 10* penalty can be intruduced for that?

Thats my 2 cents

i agree but only that backs cant play forwards.. no issue with first 5 playing wing, or 2nd 5.. but a full back playing prop or hooker is crazy .. they should snap in half like real game..

also some sort of cap on teams pay would be good.. would stop ppl hording the top players and buying all the top players in auction . it willl help spread the talent across the board..

also 5 subs per game is more than enough
OffRoad :

I just started Rugby manager for a couple of days and so far I have made around 140recruiter points. I managed this by putting most of my investments into the auction house.

The thing is I need a centre or wing (positions 11 to 14) and these guys are incredibly expensive, so far I have been outbid on all the centre's and wingers that were on the auction. In general, I think for someone who just started this game the prices on the auction house seem to be way to high (60 to 1200 and more), is this because of unfair competition with people who play longer or people that pay for recruiter points? Is this correct or is it just me?

Anyhow so far it sort of ruins the game for me, because it would be nice if I could at least buy a relatively decent player on the AH.

I know people don't really like to give advice and such, but is there something I'm missing?

lol wait till your at lev 17 and young guys go for 20000 or a old guy with ok stats for 7000 lol .. save hard