Why Is It Now So Expensive To Change Your Name?

If I want to change my name it's now 49 Gold Balls. Similar numbers are being quoted for guild members too! Apart from Greed, is there another reason the developers changed this?
There could be no other explanation other than greed, and disrespecting their customers. Ive had my fill of them. Retirement it is.
Terrific timing as well.

Here's our xmas special, a price hike to be festive!
My money would be placed on the devs being tired of some profane names and have gone to a graduated scale for all name changes. If that's the case they should have let us know before hand, or more logically just put bans in on those who are clearly offensive and telling reporters that report getting their feelings hurt off funny non profane names to get rekt
Or another theory would be that hey don't want to see all the names become XXXXXXXX-retired. It's getting common to see that on the map where I am right now.
The president strikes again >:-O
Black Monks :

Or another theory would be that hey don't want to see all the names become XXXXXXXX-retired. It's getting common to see that on the map where I am right now.

The Irony was that this is exactly what I was going to change Welsh Wizzards name to "Welsh Wizzards - Game Over". I have already sold off Khaleesi's Dragons (and changed the name accordingly) and WW is next!

There you go - I've just saved 49 GB!
well it's the few that have spoilt it for the rest so mods can find teams who disrespect other members b constantly changing their names to insult other names and then change it back to make it look like nothing happened sad but true . Personally I don't think it's bad thing cos theres a number of idiots on this game whose account should of been banned a long time ago
Mods dont have any power in game, I think that has been said on more than one occasion

You might have meant devs?
Ashley Longthorn :

well it's the few that have spoilt it for the rest so mods can find teams who disrespect other members b constantly changing their names to insult other names and then change it back to make it look like nothing happened sad but true . Personally I don't think it's bad thing cos theres a number of idiots on this game whose account should of been banned a long time ago

Insulting is fine, hopefully none of us in this rugby culture are lacking so much self confidence they can't take a joke. Profanity that soils a young mind, that should be monitored. Old minds that can't take a joke, they don't need protected from 'problematic' words.