Kick Off Going into Touch

I do like the improved kick offs, so thanks SwNitro for that.
However when the ball ends up in touch from the ko, the receiving team would very, very, very rarely opt for the line out... they would take the scrum back on the half way.

Happened to me again today, but ending up with a line out back in my own 22... an option that not even Chris Robshaw at his dimmest would have chosen.
Agreed. its good to see the adaptation of some variety in the kick offs but there is still a lot for them to work on to get it right. at the moment there are too many oddities. do they actually text these changes before going live or are we the guinea pigs?
They send a text to each of the changes they make yes, unfortunately the changes don't have airtime to text back.

Seriously though I think they do basic testing to make sure it doesn't break everything and then roll out waiting for us to tell them what the real issues are
Coach Fluffy Pink Ball :

They send a text to each of the changes they make yes, unfortunately the changes don't have airtime to text back.

Seriously though I think they do basic testing to make sure it doesn't break everything and then roll out waiting for us to tell them what the real issues are

Tbf that’s a tried and tested method used by Microsoft, Apple etc etc these days - why should sweet nitro be any different?
The majority of the "new" kick-offs are great but they do have to sort the 79+ minute one that does not go 10 metres/yards (I am old school) that goes to the kickers own front row for a breakaway try or at best another 2-5 minutes gameplay. The ball has to go 10m/yards!
This just happened to me in my league match today. KRAAN v Sultan Assassins (Code 99).

He kicks off at min 80 and ball goes backward to one of his players. Play moves across pitch resulting in a scrum. He wins scrum, throws a wild pass that I steal. My 13 breaks, odds on for a fourth try and bonus point, so he hoofs it to touch. Double whammy.

Come on SN, sort both of these out!
Sukitansee :

This just happened to me in my league match today. KRAAN v Sultan Assassins (Code 99).

He kicks off at min 80 and ball goes backward to one of his players. Play moves across pitch resulting in a scrum. He wins scrum, throws a wild pass that I steal. My 13 breaks, odds on for a fourth try and bonus point, so he hoofs it to touch. Double whammy.

Come on SN, sort both of these out!

I am surprised that whatever device you play on survived the ending to that game, it was truly stupid.