Few suggestions to make the game more “realistic”

Just writting down few improvement ideas that could make the game a bit more realistic. (Those are not related to MB, or gc matching systems)
(The list below is not sorted)

1. Implement substitution rules
As part of our strategy, we should be able to set automatic subs. People would select the 7 subs players before the game.. They would add the timing and position for each of them. They could create several subs strat and choose the one they want to use for the game.. the same way we do for the main strat..

2. Penalty strategy
Implement the same system that Sweet Nitro use on Touchdown Manager, where we would have 3 seconds to select how we want to play a penalty: Kick to touch/goal kick/scrum/tap penalty (a bit frustrating when your player do a kick to touch at the last second for a draw...)

3. Penalty : Kick to touch Bug
Currently when you get a penalty and your player kick the balls behind the try line, you still get a lineout, which is a bug..

4. Playoff post championship.
At the end of each championship, the 4 teams ranked highest in the league standings would be selected for the playoff. Semi-finale and finale could occur the same day, so it wouldn’t really impact the current calendar of the game.
The winner could for instance win few gold balls, and get promoted by an additional level

5. Promotion/Demotion/Relegation:
The top league shouldn t get promoted.. It s the top league.. (in real rugby, the first division stays in first division.. it s the goal of all teams to get / stays in this division). For the levels below:
- Winner post playoff could be promoted by 2 levels
- the 3 other teams that played the playoff could be promoted by 1 level
- the last 2-3 teams are relagated to the division below.. All the skills of their players are reduced by 5 pts
Benefit for SW: Those who are relagated could buy the one time offer to stay at their level. Also top players would reach the top level twice faster than currently.. increasing the competition at the top..

6. List of top players in your league
See the list of top players in your league (there could be an additional tab in championship). It could be ranked the same way than the championship (total point / GA / etc.)

7. Coaches within the team:
Have the possibility to buy coaches (forward/backs/physical prep for stamina) through Auction House. They could improve the training efficiency for their respective players.. We could for instance buy a coach for a 2 seasons contract (it would be a way to use cash)
Benefit for SW: You could buy Top Coaches with real cash too.. which would increase the revenue of SW.

8. Sponsors:
The cash we get from sponsors should be linked to the performance of the team.. We should get more cash when we won the previous championship.

9. Level Cup/Tournament
Once in a while, it would be great to get a big tournament by level. No need of a big reward.. Winning 1-2 additional gold balls per round is great

10. Add weather conditions for each game
Players would need to adapt their strat accordingly... (it would increase the strategy aspect of the game.. chosing if you want to play with your backs or your forwards.. with/without kicks.. Each game would be different):
- Sunny: Perfect day for rugby, everything works well
- Rain: The strength of passes/speed/stamina decreases
- Storms: awful kicks
- Snow: etc.

11. Post game comment
At the end of the game, you should be able to select a message that would be sent to your opponent: e.g. “Good Game”, “Well played”, “Lucky”, “Ouch!”, “Thanks” (those messages woild be pre-defined by Sweet Nitro)

12. Link players morale to the performance of a team
Losing a game against a team for your level or below (not higher) could impact negatively the morale of your players for the next game. Winning against a higher level could give a boost to your players for the next game.

13. Academy (requested by many french)
Develop Youth from let s say 15 to 18 yrs old.. These propsects woild be eligible for promotion into your senior squad. If a Youth turns 19 without being promoted, they leave the Academy to pursue other careers, possibly in the lingerie industry, and are replaced by a new prospects.
Youth would be bought from the auction house.

Those are just few suggestions.. Some of them would be a way to spend our virtual cash.. other ones could be a way for SW to get more real cash..
Hi
Jeez, you've been busy! I love the game as it is, lol.
Apart from the subs aspect, I would rather see team against team, no subs, no injuries. (Too many subs has spoilt the game in real-life, as it is.) Auto -subbing would be an improvement tho'.

I feel there should be relegation. Bottom 3 teams drop down a level and lose their 5 attribute point advantage (even if a player has maxed-out).
I'm all for an Academy.
You forgot to mention opposition teams defaulting in Tourneys - shouldn't be allowed.
I think the other suggestions would be minor improvements. What you have to remember is; the casual and new players. A myriad of options would put some players 'off'. Even at Level 51 I'm coming across teams STILL kicking to the No 8! What I liked about the game when I first played, was it's ease of use in starting up.
It's a shame MB has gone, just when I was getting in position to use it. (Will use it just the once against Strauss in the Tourney, if it's still there).
Cheers......

ps. How many players does Dolly Dimple need? At the last count 48! What's he doing - crowd funding? Every time I go to buy a player - he's there! Outbidding me, lol.
To be honest, most of those features suggested above (incl. subs, weather, academy, coaches, relagation, etc.) exist in other Rugby Manager games (e.g. Blackout Rugby, which is way more advanced and realistic than Rugby Manager... this game is like 5 yrs behind Blackout Rugby). I very quickly went through their features yesterday.

Agree for MB. While I have never used it, I knew at some point I would have to play with it and was preparating my buildings for it.
Removing MB completely changed my strategy for buildings upgrade.. Snacks/Goodies are my last priority now as I don t really need more cash than what I already get..

Haha, some players have a different recruiting strategy.. Check Marx in my guild.. He currently has 61 teams... They mainly buy players and try to resell them to get RPs.
But it s expensive to pay the salaries of 50+ players every day.. In the past it didn t matter as there was a way to not pay the salaries and still keep the players’ morale at 100%. On my side I try to not go above 30 players in my squad.

PS: be ready to sub more and more.. Most/All games are played with subs at the higher levels..
KOTJ, tell Marx thanks for the competition this season, was amazing to see us neck and neck after each game, and our match up was super competitive
Targaryen Dragons :

KOTJ, tell Marx thanks for the competition this season, was amazing to see us neck and neck after each game, and our match up was super competitive

Haha just sent you a message about that in the other post..
He s not happy to get a silver trophy! You are his enemy #1 now at your level (in a good way). Well done.
Nice to see many good players at our levels.
Some really nice ideas there.

Any chance you could add them to the spreadsheet we have prepared to put these ideas directly to Sweet Nitro?

Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qzh1d_UD36KenxGzPp1WlTmXskcDPqX8gRf3vfW8o10/edit?usp=sharing

We also have a WhatsApp group set up for discussing this stuff and general RM banter:
Rugby Manager world chat
https://chat.whatsapp.com/38ChlvSl8PJAC41tkrtWQy
Sure, I will add them to the spreadsheet, and will join the group
Thanks.
KOTJ :

Sure, I will add them to the spreadsheet, and will join the group
Thanks.

Top man. The group can get quite busy, so have mute at the ready...
KOTJ :

Targaryen Dragons :

Haha just sent you a message about that in the other post..
He s not happy to get a silver trophy! You are his enemy #1 now at your level (in a good way). Well done.
Nice to see many good players at our levels.

also congratulate him on breaking the 600 point mark, rare to see 2 players in one championship break 600
Are these records going to continue with mb gone?