Guild league system

Being very fussy now but ... could we change the guild league system so you can only challenge guilds up to 3 spaces ahead of you and if you win you switch places as opposed to the current system of by number of fans? Would give guild v guild challenges even more edge
If you were to get rid of the fanbase system what would replace that to rank guilds you would face?
So if we started where all guilds were given their position based on their current fan Base, then after initial position's were set you could scrap fan Base and just move position's based on win/loss. You could even scrap the challege system and comp automatically gives you a move up match then a position defense match etc
Any new guilds would join in last place
I like the idea of making the Guild challenge give you something to win or lose (besides RPs). But I think after some initial matches you would start playing the same 2 guilds over and over. With the system as it is now you get maybe 10 guilds that you rotate through. Plus there is boosting; guilds that are willing to boost would have a distinct advantage in moving up the ranks, or in keeping rank.
I have thought that adding a massive, season long tournament, would be fun. And would follow along with what you are saying.
It could work with guild leagues of maybe 8 play alongside normal championship with promotion and relegation of two guilds each way.

As to your other point:
Unfortunately with any game with in app purchases there will always be a gap between those who pay and those who don't and the only fix is that everyone agrees to pay a subscription
Guest EY6YHG :

Unfortunately with any game with in app purchases there will always be a gap between those who pay and those who don't and the only fix is that everyone agrees to pay a subscription

I'd rather have free with a few P2Ws than pay a subscription. As difficult as it may seem, it is always possible to game the system and beat P2W players, which leaves me having fun with a free game (don't worry Sublinet, I'll probably throw you a few bucks every now and then, especially if you add new features I love).

In this app, that means picking your players wisely and building up that village, although good tactics can help too.
End of the day you can purchase a maxed out player, but my top guys are currently maxed out in all important stat's anyway. The irony with a totally maxed out player is you cant improve him til you get promotedn (although would probably have sto red loads of spare stats