3-4 or 4-3 defense

Thinking of changing it up and dropping a dliner back to linebacker, spreading them wider and pulling them closer to the line of scrimmage, reducing the yardage gained per carry. Thought's?
It will change how the DL reacts but you can figure it out by playing around with it. You could even replace him with an LB/DB if you want. They did not program this game to have as much control over the D as you do with the O. Which is too bad.
I have tried a 3-4 over 3 matches now. All against teams statistically (but maybe not strategically) better than me. First two matches the only touchdowns I conceded were a kick return and a turnover. Third natch I did concede a half back touchdown but three people missed a tackle so not putting that down to strategy. So one touchdown conceded by defence of three matches should be considered a success.

0 sacks though
My DEF has satisfactory sack results out of 3-4. I lineup my NT-DL head-up or gap-C/G, and even drop him back to LB depth! Of course, don't forget to 'train' him!
Boss J D Hawg :

My DEF has satisfactory sack results out of 3-4. I lineup my NT-DL head-up or gap-C/G, and even drop him back to LB depth! Of course, don't forget to 'train' him!

Hi Boss !! Hope you are doing fine
I run the 3-4 since lv 10ish, It has drawbacks. But I seem to like it especially with the uber amount of run game I match up against.