Further Feedback from Sweet Nitro

16/08/18 20:40
Fully agree with you kotj..
16/08/18 22:31
Crap idea but they did the same in the football version even though people didn’t agree.
16/08/18 23:19
Hi
If you see my previous post, I put forward the positives, then I took notice of what KOTJ stated: C&P

'Also, this idea will just push some players to have 2-3 accounts.. (it s the moment to do it.. as you ll be promoted by 50 levels..).'

This is a very important downside. I hadn't dipped into the Football Auctions. since the update, because I packed my squad with youngsters beforehand. Looking at it today and seeing trends like a couple of very mediocre players going for huge sums - <20k, seems to suggest players with 2 clubs (or more) are selling players to themselves.
Nice one KOTJ, I hadn't spotted that.
17/08/18 14:18
I think they had to shrink the gap somehow, it currently takes too long to get to the top. If you just want to win your ship you still have the ability to start over and stay in that stage of the game. Starting today would be 3 years to get to the top, they is untenable
17/08/18 17:15
Hi
I can see your point. Good competition is the most important aspect of the game for me and I'm lucky to be in a level that provides that.
I have been talking to some 'Footballers' today. It seems more and more teams are starting to have to 'buy' players to compete, because of the over-inflated price of those in Auctions. And for the push to the top. I will eventually have 'buy' players myself, to be able to compete on a level playing-field, if I don't, I can see myself becoming disenchanted with the game.

Clearly SN has recognised the Football model as way of making extra revenues in the Rugby.

The introduction of relegation, I think, would be a better way of 'punishing' inactive teams. Or even a deletion of an account after, say, 5 months (10 seasons) of inactivity.
17/08/18 20:40
Peanut Butta :

Hi
I can see your point. Good competition is the most important aspect of the game for me and I'm lucky to be in a level that provides that.
I have been talking to some 'Footballers' today. It seems more and more teams are starting to have to 'buy' players to compete, because of the over-inflated price of those in Auctions. And for the push to the top. I will eventually have 'buy' players myself, to be able to compete on a level playing-field, if I don't, I can see myself becoming disenchanted with the game.

Clearly SN has recognised the Football model as way of making extra revenues in the Rugby.

The introduction of relegation, I think, would be a better way of 'punishing' inactive teams. Or even a deletion of an account after, say, 5 months (10 seasons) of inactivity.

Indeed, they should stop promoting the first league by 1 level every season and implement a relegation system.
They could still keep the double jump for the top 3 players of each league.. and let s say #4 to #6 could jump one level, #7 to #11 stay at their level, #12 to #14 are relegated to the lower level.
If you have stronger players when you are relegated, their morale level could be decreased.. (players unhappy to play at a lower level).
Top players would then be able to join the first league twice faster.

And I don t really agree with your point Black Monks. Starting over means re-starting with building upgrades from level 1 and a very weak team (who misses all passes/kicks etc). After having played at a higher level, re-starting from level 1 is very boring. I couldn t do that.
And then after 1 season they would bring me back to level 55 with my level 2 buildings...

So, then I would need to take my credit card to unlock plots/builders and upgrade my buildings in case I want to stay competitive.. If not, then I ll very quickly start losing games and I will uninstall the game (I don t really see the point of playing if i lose most games).
And maybe the goal of SW is to remove many players who play for free and only keep those who pay... From a business perspective, I wouldn t blame them (even if they need both to keep a big enough community of players).
17/08/18 21:59
I dont oniw the ideal way of addressing the gap, but I think we can all agree that causing 3 years to get to the top level is just bad.
18/08/18 02:05
Hi Wales,
Using the Football game as the 'levelling up' control model: Main points:

Pro's - Increased competition, Ambitious teams profit from changes. (Short term)

Cons - The real possibility of even more inactive teams 'participating'. (Long term)

I have gone from being neutral, to being dead against the levelling.

Cheers....
Thx for all the hard work!
18/08/18 09:31
Guys,

I have asked them to produce a survey like we did for the ideas for the next patch. Watch this space. I'll send it to you the minute I have it.

Wales
18/08/18 18:55
So let me get this right, the levelling up is the same as what happened to the football champions game? If so can I get a refund on the premium player I bought this season? The bonkers levelling up on the football game has completely ruined it