Penalty for playing out of position

13/11/15 05:43
I'm fairly new to the game but am wondering what the penalty for playing a 2 at 1 or 3 is. Is it the same as a 10 at 12 for example? What about a 10 at 15 or 1/3 at 6/7 etc? If this has been answered elsewhere I'd appreciate a link to thread.

Thanks
14/11/15 08:21
It's fine, I play a number 10 at 12
14/11/15 10:53
No penalty at all. The devs dont think that positional knowledge means anything so you can have a team foll of props with no penalty
19/11/15 17:59
There should be a penalty. When do you ever see a no. 8 playing at 15 or 11?
Just because the number of better players are of a few position numbers doesn't make it right.
Be more real game like not just about figures on any player for any position.
19/11/15 20:00
guest_1440959966322 :

Just because the number of better players are of a few position numbers doesn't make it right.

There aer penalties since 8 would have had different training such as kick recepton, lineouts and scrumming
19/11/15 20:09
guest_1440959966322 :

In 'real life' outside of props and hookers, plenty of players have played in different positions. Although even then Ben Youngs started as a centre before becoming a hooker.

Using your example, the Great Jonah Lomu played as a no.8 and winger for instance. More recently Sam Burgess played as a 7 for Bath and a centre for England. Like in 'real life' if you train the players correctly they can change position.
19/11/15 23:03
Tolgate 23/7 :

"guest_1440959966322" :

In 'real life' outside of props and hookers, plenty of players have played in different positions. Although even then Ben Youngs started as a centre before becoming a hooker.

Using your example, the Great Jonah Lomu played as a no.8 and winger for instance. More recently Sam Burgess played as a 7 for Bath and a centre for England. Like in 'real life' if you train the players correctly they can change position.

Not sure when Ben was a hooker. You got your Youngs mixed up?
20/11/15 00:28
Was un aware that jonah ben and sam played were in rugby manager and please forgive me for my sins.
Take a level 30 player thet has been trained as a winger by the games AI and throw him in the place of a lvl 30 #8 your scrums will be heavily affected as the ai hasn't trained the winger to have scrum coordination and force.

If your only swaping fawards with each other it doesn't matter much same goes for backs aswell if your training the player from a low lvl manually it wont affect it but getting a high level player and throwing it out of position without a bit of training (depending on position ) does have a penalty
20/11/15 20:02
Slippery Tiger :

"Tolgate 23/7" :

"guest_1440959966322" :

Not sure when Ben was a hooker. You got your Youngs mixed up?

Indeed, I meant Tom is now a hooker who converted from the centres.
29/11/15 16:38
Not entirely sure why you're mentioning Burgess as if it's some form of positive note to your argument... We all know how that ended...