Top 30 Guilds that depend upon MB

20/05/16 23:47
We all know that you need little skill to get into the top 30 or so guilds - all you need are a number of members with high fan numbers.

The top guilds are normally inferior to "lesser" ranked guilds when it comes to tactics and strategy and totally depend upon MB to beat or sometime salvage a draw against guilds who are often 20 or 30 places below them in the rankings.

There are exceptions of course - Brother In Arms and British Lions are two that come to mind who I believe are there by merit - but should the developers ever eliminate MB from Top 30 Guild matches - and have a ranking based on performance only - then there would be some major changes at the Top.

Now wouldn't that be nice to see? Guild challenges based on ability and not MB!

The same could be said for Championship matches - we are all at the same level so the team rankings would be similar so why to you need MB to "even the playing field"? You don't.

I appreciate I am only referring to the upper tiers here and I understand that the other 90% need MB for different reasons but in my view it has no place at the top.

22/05/16 22:31
While I think you are forgetting about a few guilds that have worked hard to get to the top but this post is not to name the best guilds but instead to ask for a rating system where guilds battle for ranking not on Nr of fans but instead by strength. I have seen low fans guilds beat top ranked guild just because their teams were better fine tuned. I think that if all teams start with a fixed rating, lets call it 1000, then a win would give you maybe 10 points a draw no change and a loss -10 points. Then guild challenges could be decided on ranking points instead of fans. Things can even be taken as far as having the rating reset every 3 Months or maybe 10 seasons, etc. with the Top 10 guilds getting rewards like gold balls for their efforts.

Regards, Mythica
Academy of Champions
24/05/16 12:24
Thanks Gareth.

SA boys members, see proposal under guild search thread
27/05/16 08:45
Cheers Gareth I think fact will agree we both got our guilds where they are on quality team selection and endless banter
01/06/16 01:08
Thanks Gareth,

A nice balanced view and also very nice of you to mention our guild. I look forward to our match tomorrow.

Mike - Fishguard & Goodwick Seagulls - British Lions Guild
02/06/16 00:45
Mike Ahearne :

Thanks Gareth,

A nice balanced view and also very nice of you to mention our guild. I look forward to our match tomorrow.

Cheers Mike - I see we are destined to meet in this Championship too!

I'm beginning to see you and Taff more times than I see my wife ... which come to think of it isn't such a bad thing

Good luck but don't get too comfy at the top of that league table will you?
02/06/16 06:31
Welsh Wizzards & Welsh Wizzards Colts :

Mike Ahearne :

Thanks Gareth,

Cheers Mike - I see we are destined to meet in this Championship too!

I'm beginning to see you and Taff more times than I see my wife ... which come to think of it isn't such a bad thing

Good luck but don't get too comfy at the top of that league table will you?

He was in a panic that people would think he had used MB, but his opponent showed on our screens as 6* lol ... A bug me thinks .....showed as 88* for others.