La Cagnannaise

12/09/19 22:23
*One-Above-All* Marvel Pirates :

All up for playing fair. But it's not in the ethos of the current game play, unfortunately. All the power to you, keep fighting the fight.

The onus is on Sweet Nitro to change this ethos and back up their recent move against fixing and start banning teams for 48 hours or something. It probably won't stop the rot altogether, but it would be a strong statement.

They just need to grow a pair of cojones, basically.
15/09/19 11:22
Nice easy win for Awassa today. Well done!!

But an actual well done to the Damagers in my league, didn't fix when paying each other, great work.
15/09/19 11:24
Wales_RM :

All up for playing fair. But it's not in the ethos of the current game play, unfortunately. All the power to you, keep fighting the fight.

The onus is on Sweet Nitro to change this ethos and back up their recent move against fixing and start banning teams for 48 hours or something. It probably won't stop the rot altogether, but it would be a strong statement.

I say a 9 point deduction per game fixed for both teams.
15/09/19 19:00

Wales_RM :

I say a 9 point deduction per game fixed for both teams.

They just refuse to police it though. Either a ban or points reduction would work, especially if they got good enough to spot the more subtle fixing, but they refuse to implement anything other than a static solution - hence the new points system.

If they could take the time to police the game a bit, then we could go back to an actual rugby scoring system, as opposed to the current soccer one.

I'm not sure I agree on points reduction for both teams though as some guys will deliberately put losing on when they have no chance of promotion to throw a game to screw their opponent of 9 points. It would have to be slightly less of a blanket solution than that.
15/09/19 19:03

But an actual well done to the Damagers in my league, didn't fix when paying each other, great work.

Easy win for ASM78 too. First game at the top level and it was a fix. Says it all really.

I just noticed that you are the sole lvl 98 in a 99 league, extra good win for you then today! This again, is where Sweet Nitro are so totally and utterly clueless and incompetent. Sales Sharks finished equal 9th the end of last season and SN refused to promote him. Then they have one player short for the league and have to stick you in to make up the numbers. How, in any world, does that make sense?

https://i.imgur.com/QqkNMTO.jpg
15/09/19 20:00
I presume he was 10th or 11th on points difference Wales? If he was behind on points he shouldn't get promoted no matter how many tickets you send.

However I certainly agree if they have actually placed him in a higher division he should be given the extra points as 5 points lower is suicide in top league.
15/09/19 20:05
Guest 9WT74Y :

I presume he was 10th or 11th on points difference Wales? If he was behind on points he shouldn't get promoted no matter how many tickets you send.

However I certainly agree if they have actually placed him in a higher division he should be given the extra points as 5 points lower is suicide in top league.

Look at the screenshot I posted - Sales Sharks matched 9th stat for stat. They had both played 13, won 7, drew 0, lost 6, had a GA of 8 and 21 points.

What's even crazier though is that there weren't enough players for the top level this season so Jim - One Above All - got put in the league above. Talk about throwing 2 stones at one bird and missing by a country mile...
15/09/19 20:51
That is ridiculous they have very little to no chance of progressing, nothing to do with their quality or gameplay just because it's so hard to win 1 league above, I also would be fuming
16/09/19 11:30
Wales_RM :

Easy win for ASM78 too. First game at the top level and it was a fix. Says it all really.

I just noticed that you are the sole lvl 98 in a 99 league, extra good win for you then today! This again, is where Sweet Nitro are so totally and utterly clueless and incompetent. Sales Sharks finished equal 9th the end of last season and SN refused to promote him. Then they have one player short for the league and have to stick you in to make up the numbers. How, in any world, does that make sense?

https://i.imgur.com/QqkNMTO.jpg

There are 10 L99 teams in my L98 league, so effectively non of the L98 teams should even get a single promotion with the L99's taking up the 1st 10 positions.

So, going from top division last season to potentially 2 divisions behind next season, I have been a little bit shafted. But, I got another win today against a L99, narrow but still a win. If I can cling on to a single and stay 1 behind then ok, but top 3 at the end is almost impossible.
19/09/19 20:27
Look at this mess. 30 seasons ago when all this match fixing started, I and Webb Ellis comrades were calling for teams to get some type of punishment. We stuck with it for around 15 seasons, constant tickets to nitro, constant outing of teams and guilds on the forums. All I got was bans on the forum (from Colston and his fellow gimps saying my accusations of match fixing were unjustified), called 'bluemoaners' (by the cheats or their guilds) and threatened with being kicked from the game if I named anymore teams. I got f all support from anyone of any note outside of my guild, no one had any issue with the cheating. So suck it up nobbers and continue to pump money into a game where top levels have been cheating for 30 seasons. You reep what you sow. Well done on ruining what was a great little game with great banter.