Away game interceptions

01/01/17 14:05
Seems since the last update my 10 gets stripped of the ball every time from rucks. I have adjusted settings as best i can and now i get clean ball from set piece but as soon as i get into a ruck situation i know my 10 will be robbed.
This only happens when i am the away team.

Is this a glitch or part of the intended programming.
01/01/17 14:15
Its part of the advantage for the home team
01/01/17 15:34
Intended or not, it is in my opinion the biggest problem in the game and has a negative impact on the playability and enjoyment of away fixtures.
01/01/17 15:38
The flip side of that is that your home strategy will weaken and in turn be subject to more interceptions
01/01/17 16:13
qBall - My preference would be less interceptions, not a swing back onto the home team or an 'away team advantage'.
01/01/17 16:39
I understand the preference and agree with it but if your opponents reception range is better than yours they will tend to intercept more and rightfully so.

The point that Im trying to make is that it would affect the home team just as much as it will affect the away team if they make the change as the home team gets an advantage and would cause a rethink of strategies and in turn new complaints.
01/01/17 16:57
qBall - you are correct, but this is not about reception range. The interception problem superseeds that.
01/01/17 17:22
Yes definitely nothing to do with reception range. First thing I checked. If its an intended form of home advantage then its a poor one.
Hopefully its a bug and will be fixed.
01/01/17 17:57
It has been confirmed previously that it was unintentional but it has been decided to leave as is to ensure a home team advantage so its not being looked at changing.

The reason Im bringing up the reception range example is that at this stage it doesn't matter what the away teams is at the moment, the home team has the advantage. Should the "bug" (and I put it in """" for the reason that its not seen as a bug at this stage) be rectified it will turn strategies on its head and in all honesty I think it would create an even bigger gap between the maxed out players and the day to day players. At this stage because of the home advantage smaller teams who put in just as much if not more effort at least has the opportunity to win at home which keeps the gaps between guilds in challenges a bit closer.

Obviously there will be a few players that will figure out how to counter this change quickly but most players will struggle to adapt and either complain about it or just quit the game.

As much as we (myself included) want it to be changed it could possibly do more damage than good to the game