mb for gvg

22/03/16 07:54
killerkiwis :

"Waspy Tiger" :

"killerkiwis" :
<div class="citation">"Waspy Tiger" :
<div class="citation">"killerkiwis" :
nice to see some changes to game , all be it small .. but while you were patching in these new changes ,did you patch in mb for def on gvg ? or get rid of it for gvg .. ? that was a bigger issue than the size of mb. cause when your on def with no mb , it make no diff if they can set theres at 50 % or 100% both make game unfair.
can a mod answer please

I believe that if you have good strategies, you can win most away games in GvG with only 50% bonus against you - this should be good motivation for people to train their teams and work on their strategies.

so your answer is NO. no there is no mb for def to make gvg fair ..any way you try to paint the picture waspy its still a unfair gain to attacking team and killing the fun in gvg . ppl don't train players to try to give them a chance but your not adding it to def is a let down to say the least .. your failing to make the game fair to both sides
its going to remain the drawn out draws because def is impossible to do when teams are close in players and star ratings ..
to your next point as to how great it will be to be beaten every game cause the game is forcing you to level faster .. you risk injuries to half your team if in 3 seasons you skip each time>(not hard to do now the top 3 skip)how are you ment to keep up with games goal to get more ppl to be active at the top. and the players goal to enjoy the game and win.. gl if your trying to play tornys champ and gvg games at same time ..
should allow player rewards to enclude some stat points as well as a ton more cash ..
</div>

FIrst of all, Killer, ir's hard to answer you when you write in this "stream of consciousness" style - it makes it very hard to work out exactly what you're saying. Please try to write in traditional sentences and paragraphs.
Second, you asked for a mod to answer. You must understand that mods have nothing to do with development as such, we're simply players, the same as you. So I'm not the one making any changes to the game., nor do I have any more influence over the changes than you do. If you check back, this isn't exactly the change I was asking for. However, I do think that these changes are real improvements to the game. Under the old MB setup, my guild has played 40, won 24 and drawn 16, and we're not a top 10 guild, although we have played most of them. I expect that ratio to improve, because yes, I think that 50% MB is much easier to defend against than 100%, and I've a decent enough record even then. To be honest, I find it a bit depressing that you don't have more faith in your own ability to do the same.
As for the promotion issue, I just don't get where you're coming from. If you keep winning double promotions you are more than holding your own and you're not losing every game. If you're losing every game, you're not being forced to level faster. Every level you get to allows to train your players 5 points higher, so even if you are losing every game, you are still going to develop your team faster than by not getting promoted. I can't see that as in any way a bad thing. If you end up with the very top guys and do keep losing, at the end of the season they all move on, and you're joined by people from below - if anything, this means that the very top players will move away from you faster, and will make all levels more competitive, although I accept it might take a season or maybe two to settle down. I suspect that will affect me, as I'm currently 2nd in an L13 league and I doubt if I will be that competitive at L15 next season, but the following season I would expect to have benefitted by buying better players and training my existing players to a higher level, and will have a better season than if I was promoted one level this time.
If you're picking up too many injuries, you just adjust your strategy to suit. These changes should reduce the pressure on the player market, enabling you to be more competitive anyway.
I suggest you try it out and see what effect the changes actually have before screaming foul. If they don't have the desired effect, then I'm sure we'll all be asking for more change, but for now I'm personally thanking the devs for these changes as I honestly believe they're very much in the right direction and will make the game more enjoyable for everybody.</div>

I understand mods jobs.I have played plenty of games that require contact with mods .. I agree with the small changes that have been made but again its crap to say just make a def when you are letting one side have a 50% boost to there team while the defending team has none ..is this change on the cards or is your line of just better def the end word?

Whether you agree with MB or not there has been some rather big changes to the game in the pass week which have benefited everyone, as for def MB I'm more than sure you have used your MB while on the offensive too knowing the defensive player couldn't, as far as I'm concerned waspy Tiger has answered all your questions regarding this subject.
22/03/16 10:52
I now think it is fair to use MB only for the attacking team as people mention it is more defendable and it will give the weaker guild a chance of drawing and the stronger guilds a chance of winning by defending better.

If the MB disappeared in the guild challenge than we will start moaning how it's unfair much weaker guilds are against much stronger guilds. Also the weaker guilds will not even try to play against tough opposition without MB.
26/03/16 14:14
To be honest the guild challenge is all wrong, in our guild the max person is maybe 70 stars(?) and the rest are 50's maybe some in early 60's and then down from there etc, but sometimes we've been pitched against a top 10 team, when our guild was maybe just in top 50...

Top 10 has 90 star people, and over... it seemed ridiculous NOT to use match bonus...
28/03/16 00:41
so its fair that a crap team gets over a better team just cause mb is on attacking side .. sharks statement just shows mb is cheating. ... its not a chance its a cheat to get over a better player.. ether give mb to defending team or pull it from gvg.. its a cheat no matter how you look at it ... fair is when both sides stand on pitch with mb set and ready to face each other .. Not one side have mb set while the other side is told to smarten up... sick of draws and thats all you get when the attacking side can up there team to beat you .. ether pull it or add it to def but for the love of the game fix it..
28/03/16 23:14
We've had 3 challenges since the change, won 2, drew 1. Seems reasonably balanced to me - skill should win more often than not now.
29/03/16 05:13
Waspy Tiger :

We've had 3 challenges since the change, won 2, drew 1. Seems reasonably balanced to me - skill should win more often than not now.

still could of been 3 if mb was there for def or not there at all
29/03/16 10:37
killerkiwis :

"Waspy Tiger" :

still could of been 3 if mb was there for def or not there at all

Could've been 3 if we played our strongest team instead of letting everyone have a go. Would certainly have only been 1 under the old setup. No matter what, it's just not true to say that draws are all you get, we now have a pretty competitive situation.
31/03/16 22:30
waspy. You are trying to tell people some thing that's not "EVEN" is a good thing. Your spin needs work.
01/04/16 11:29
killerkiwis :

so its fair that a crap team gets over a better team just cause mb is on attacking side .. sharks statement just shows mb is cheating. ... its not a chance its a cheat to get over a better player.. ether give mb to defending team or pull it from gvg.. its a cheat no matter how you look at it ... fair is when both sides stand on pitch with mb set and ready to face each other .. Not one side have mb set while the other side is told to smarten up... sick of draws and thats all you get when the attacking side can up there team to beat you .. ether pull it or add it to def but for the love of the game fix it..

Assume you won't be boosting in our challenge then killerkiwis :0)
02/04/16 15:47
Love the hypocrisy killerkiwi!! Either that or you are a tactical genius beating a player 18* better than you by 40 points!!! Bravo!