Sports gear

30/08/18 02:44
yeah i just expected bad spelling
31/08/18 12:39
Peanut Butta :

Hi Targ,
wouldn't that be 'oink' ball? In English 'oik' is something like a country bumpkin.
But maybe Greg can explain.
Somehow I doubt it.

Oik ball - a.k.a. football, or soccer in other parts of the world. A game for gentlemen, played by thugs, a.k.a.oiks. Whereas rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen.

Oikball is commonly used in UK to refer to football (soccer). There is nothing racist about it, so I can only assume that our friend Greg has been smoking summat to venture off on such a bizarre tangent. Better to ask the question in future, rather than make unfounded allegations in some kind of knee jerk of misunderstanding..
31/08/18 14:16
Hi Sukit,
Thx for explaining, never heard of the term oikball myself. Oik has many meanings, none racist. What pisses me off is someone making false accusations, especially when it is a sensitive subject.

To Greg,
What an utter hypocrite you are! If you would like to disagree with me, I have read comments made by you and your 'mates' about other nationalities and cultures on the Football Forum. You don't have to dig deep to find them. If you wish me to, I can 'copy and paste'.
I think you owe Suckit an unreserved apology. But, you wont give one!
Racism is often about the colour of skin. I can only guess at the colour of your belly!
31/08/18 14:36
It's like the recent comments by a Catholic cardinal in Chicago saying that we are racist against the pope because we want the sexual predation to end and the pope is Latino....a. not at all connected. B. The pope is Italian....claims of racism that are false are horrible because of the lies and also horrible because real claims of racism are weakened. I ask everyone to please not jump to racism unless there is evidence, and then I'm confident the majority of this forum will go to war with you.
31/08/18 16:30
Hi BM,
I agree, that's why I'm angry.
But, I hope you are not referring to me when you state 'everyone' (in this case). If you can access the Football Forum, goto IDEAS - WHAT THE HELL?! (about halfway down). All the evidence you need!

Still waiting for Greg's response.
31/08/18 16:50
Peanut Butta :

Hi BM,
I agree, that's why I'm angry.
But, I hope you are not referring to me when you state 'everyone' (in this case). If you can access the Football Forum, goto IDEAS - WHAT THE HELL?! (about halfway down). All the evidence you need!

Still waiting for Greg's response.

Wasn't referencing you, if there is evidence of racism then bring it to light. My 'everyone' statement was to society. Racism needs to be addressed but invalid claims of racism softens the valid claims. And I have read some comments in the past about Iranians I believe, is that the same one? If so I have seen that clear evidence months ago. Not quite racism as Iranian isn't a race (this is splitting hairs admittedly) but your point is still valid regardless as that is clear hatred toward a group of people based off of limited interactions with a shockingly small percent of that group. Assuming all Americans are brilliant kind individuals base d just on me would not make it true, although it is true, we are amazing and humble.
31/08/18 17:35
Hi BM.
Got your point. I'm repeating some of which you stated. Let's make it as clear as I can.

There are LOTS of other examples on the Football Forum. But, one statement is enough, is it not?

Your're right, the example I'm referring to, is not racism, as such. In terms of definition, it's race-hate. (Insults/prejudice against a nationality/culture) Which in legal terms is worse, as it is not generalised. (International Law) But one conducting in race-hate is by definition a racist. (The laws are too unspecific)
If I were to inform Facebook about what has been stated on a PUBLIC Forum, I have no doubt they would shut it down and some players would be banned indefinitely from Facebook itself. But, I would rather people learn, than be punished.

Waiting for Greg's reply.
01/09/18 00:57
Peanut Butta :

Hi Sukit,
Thx for explaining, never heard of the term oikball myself. Oik has many meanings, none racist. What pisses me off is someone making false accusations, especially when it is a sensitive subject.

To Greg,
What an utter hypocrite you are! If you would like to disagree with me, I have read comments made by you and your 'mates' about other nationalities and cultures on the Football Forum. You don't have to dig deep to find them. If you wish me to, I can 'copy and paste'.
I think you owe Suckit an unreserved apology. But, you wont give one!
Racism is often about the colour of skin. I can only guess at the colour of your belly!

Thanks for the support PB. Amazing that a little joke can be so wrongly misconstrued by a firebrand with axes to grind and generate such a furore. You have clearly encountered our friend Gregory previous to this issue and your revelations are indeed spectacular. Personally I would prefer not to dignify such ranting with a response, but on this occasion felt I owed it to the rest of you to give one. Please don't hold your breath waiting for an apology from Voldemort .
01/09/18 01:14
Hi Sukit,
no problem. I can't abide that kind of behavior. He called you a racist, when he had no right to, on a public Forum! It may not mean much to some, but it does to me. I'm not a screaming liberal, I just believe in fairness.
No, I haven't really encountered him, as such.
I'm certainly not holding my breath, lol.
I guess he'll be quiet for a few weeks, but I will remind him. I'm patient.
Cheers....
ps I see you're looking for a Guild to join. My Guild 'Scotstoun Warriors' is currently full, you can play me in a friendly and I will invite when there's a space, if you wish (must be active in Challenges). If you find another in the meantime, no probs.
01/09/18 01:36
Thing is, some people stir up so much crap by being childish, and petty minded, that they feel everyone owes them an apology, when in fact they're the ones who should. Don't expect one though, because some people think they can insult whoever they like, and not be held account for their actions.