Match Fixing Part 3.

19/11/18 15:17
Well put Phalanx, I kinda like being a grumpy old fart, ha ha. It is frustrating to see the fixers succeed and honest teams fail. But yeah, beat them and we will be fine, still at a disadvantage but we survive. It shouldn't be that way though, that's why this and 2 previous threads were started, it's important to highlight these teams and figure out a way to keep on top of them.

Good input bud, liked what you said.
19/11/18 15:37
If the Springboks have to rise above and survive playing against 16 men every Saturday, we can survive thrown matches in RM

The silver lining is that a lot of teams involved in match fixing rings end up getting kicked in the ass because of it. The irony is that match fixing has cost some teams relegation who would have otherwise been promoted if they played fair. Because they have to throw X matches, winning the others becomes critical. If you can make sure they lose the matches they have to win fair and square, the match fixing thing will lose some of its appeal. So bottom line to beating match fixing: win your games.
19/11/18 15:38
Imagine having a ref in RM
19/11/18 18:07
I did not lose 21-00 or 0-0 I lost 77-00 so I do not fit your criteria. lol
if I see a friend drown, I will save him. we are united
it is true that we should do like some matches where teams think they have the proper ass
19/11/18 18:20
So why help members of other guilds??
19/11/18 20:00
Phalanx Damage Inc. :

Bluemooners :

Sotoneitor 20 - Ruddies 34. Damage Inc and Spuitpoep again. Literally NO shame. Trying to mask their match fixing now and go under the radar by ajusting scorelines. BAN THEM, only way to stop it.

Not that it makes a rat's ass of difference to anyone or anything, but for the record, Sotoneitor did not throw that game. I spoke to him. He was switching strats and changed to losing strat by mistake instead of the one next to it. It happens often - happened to me in a Guild Challenge once last season too.

Look fellas, I am on board with what you're fighting for here. One of our guys at Damage Inc. missed out on promotion last season because of match fixing in his league, and it also cost me a promotion at top level about 5 seasons ago when I was still active at top level with Phalanx. It sucks. It sucks that teams who deserve to go through don't, and teams who don't deserve to go through do. Case in point: Phalanx is revived but back at level 75 now. I beat a level 79 in the guild challenge recently (no MB ). Now how on earth did that level 79 manage promotion to top level??? Doesn't seem right.

Unfortunately though, there are some ugly realities in this game that we will never be able to get around. Guild mates will help each other in champs. Friends will manipulate and bump the price of players for sale in the auction house. Players will transfer RP to each other (which also helps their guild mates in the championship). Guilds block out guild challenges with friendlies (look where that got us). There are gentlemen's agreements all over the place where players don't overbid each other on auction house players and gear. There's more, some of it not exactly common knowledge, but you get the point.

The game is not always fair. There are some brilliant players in the game who have never been mentioned in any of your "Top 5 players" threads, because they've not taken their credit card out once but have to do battle against teams with 30 x 18 year visa bought players in their squad. Is that fair? I don't think it is, but its just the reality. Players who are some of the best tacticians this game will ever see, will never go down in any RM hall of fame or be remembered because they didn't throw money at the game.

Basically, then, we can either sit here and complain like a group of sour and grumpy old farts, or we can accept that match fixing and other ugly things in the game will not go away and decide to try and rise above it. As Sotoneitor said in our guild chat, the only way to beat the match fixers is to win your games.

I was in a league last season with 'Chile' as i called him, or Sotoneitor as everyone else knows him. He was at Webb Ellis with myself for a long time and was a top bloke. He did fix two results last season and i called him out on it on both occasions. If on this occasion it was a 'slip of the finger' then his reputation now goes before him.
19/11/18 20:02
Gilou Jak :

I did not lose 21-00 or 0-0 I lost 77-00 so I do not fit your criteria. lol
if I see a friend drown, I will save him. we are united
it is true that we should do like some matches where teams think they have the proper ass

Attempting to justify match fixing. Absolutely pathetic.
20/11/18 12:19
Phalanx Damage Inc. :

Bluemooners :

Sotoneitor 20 - Ruddies 34. Damage Inc and Spuitpoep again. Literally NO shame. Trying to mask their match fixing now and go under the radar by ajusting scorelines. BAN THEM, only way to stop it.

Not that it makes a rat's ass of difference to anyone or anything, but for the record, Sotoneitor did not throw that game. I spoke to him. He was switching strats and changed to losing strat by mistake instead of the one next to it. It happens often - happened to me in a Guild Challenge once last season too.

Look fellas, I am on board with what you're fighting for here. One of our guys at Damage Inc. missed out on promotion last season because of match fixing in his league, and it also cost me a promotion at top level about 5 seasons ago when I was still active at top level with Phalanx. It sucks. It sucks that teams who deserve to go through don't, and teams who don't deserve to go through do. Case in point: Phalanx is revived but back at level 75 now. I beat a level 79 in the guild challenge recently (no MB ). Now how on earth did that level 79 manage promotion to top level??? Doesn't seem right.

Unfortunately though, there are some ugly realities in this game that we will never be able to get around. Guild mates will help each other in champs. Friends will manipulate and bump the price of players for sale in the auction house. Players will transfer RP to each other (which also helps their guild mates in the championship). Guilds block out guild challenges with friendlies (look where that got us). There are gentlemen's agreements all over the place where players don't overbid each other on auction house players and gear. There's more, some of it not exactly common knowledge, but you get the point.

The game is not always fair. There are some brilliant players in the game who have never been mentioned in any of your "Top 5 players" threads, because they've not taken their credit card out once but have to do battle against teams with 30 x 18 year visa bought players in their squad. Is that fair? I don't think it is, but its just the reality. Players who are some of the best tacticians this game will ever see, will never go down in any RM hall of fame or be remembered because they didn't throw money at the game.

Basically, then, we can either sit here and complain like a group of sour and grumpy old farts, or we can accept that match fixing and other ugly things in the game will not go away and decide to try and rise above it. As Sotoneitor said in our guild chat, the only way to beat the match fixers is to win your games.

If someone has a team of 30 x 18 year old so called Visa players (other cards are available) then they will have contributed £2751.97 to the developers each season if they did not purchase them from the AH. Crazy but effectively keeps the game free for everyone else. It needs people like that otherwise we would have no game to be upset.

I have long been an advocate of win all of your games and match fixing by others will only serve to enhance your position.
21/11/18 05:15
One of the fallen legends of the game :

Phalanx Damage Inc. :

Bluemooners :

If someone has a team of 30 x 18 year old so called Visa players (other cards are available) then they will have contributed £2751.97 to the developers each season if they did not purchase them from the AH. Crazy but effectively keeps the game free for everyone else. It needs people like that otherwise we would have no game to be upset.

I have long been an advocate of win all of your games and match fixing by others will only serve to enhance your position.

I've got no problem with guys spending money on the game, for the very reason you stated. I'm merely pointing out that it gives him an advantage over a guy who might be a better tactician but doesn't use his credit card. The point being that there are a lot of levels to the game and sometimes you have to rise above circumstances that are against you.
21/11/18 14:26
Plenty who splash the cash and still can't capitalise on it.

Have to question those that were against a consolidation of the leagues as could reduce the incentive for match fixing especially if you had to be top 3 to make the rolling top level. No real incentive fighting to stay in the top 9.