Scoring under the posts

03/04/16 13:04
It is quite unrealistic for a player to run the length of the pitch, unchallenged, in a breakaway try only to score the try in the corner and not under the posts. If we could sort the mechanics so that players scoring a try will always aim to get the ball down under the sticks. Cheers
06/04/16 09:13
It doesn't really matter as you advance levels my kicker can kick over from anywhere in opposition half a million plus it would take extra seconds from the time wich is bad if you want to go for bonus points
06/04/16 10:01
I recall that when I first started, the one place my kicker could never land a kick from was straight in front of the posts, so if that's still the same, it would seriously hurt beginners rather than actually help anyone.
12/04/16 10:44
Kickers still pretty rubbish early on... Heading for the posts makes sense regardless of level surely?

More frustrating is when your centre makes a clean break in the 79th minute, then punts the ball into touch with 20 unopposed yards to go as the clock turns to 80 (off topic, sorry)
12/04/16 11:23
Alquin Academicals :

Kickers still pretty rubbish early on... Heading for the posts makes sense regardless of level surely?

Well no - I found the kicker missed far more from straight in front than from the wings.

More frustrating is when your centre makes a clean break in the 79th minute, then punts the ball into touch with 20 unopposed yards to go as the clock turns to 80 (off topic, sorry)

Normally my prop.