Point system for Guild Challenges

31/01/16 15:54
Just had a draw after a good run of wins, but we were playing Urban Rugby, so quite happy with that. Especially as we got our 10 with one less game than them. But in general terms, allowing the home team to bonus just makes the whole thing so much less exciting than it should be.
02/02/16 22:43
4 consecutive draws beyond a joke
03/02/16 00:38
Harpo22 :

4 consecutive draws beyond a joke

Find it more of a joke that your guild wants to abuse the crap out of match bonuses and then complain about a draw. Yes i went through and watched your replays.
10/02/16 23:11
I think that 10 players out of 25 isn't enough, it should be 15 players to choose & I think you should get 3 challenges, it would make it better for players staying loyal to lower ranked guilds
11/02/16 08:22
Brian Bryson :

Or even 2 points a home win, 1 point a away win. I agree something needs to change as draws are boring.

If anything that should be the other way around as away wins are more difficult. I had eight away wins in our last challenge and what did we get? Yep nothing. Unusually we won that one but we often get plenty of away wins but hsve to accept the draw.
11/02/16 12:44
Been talking with support and match bonus is here to stay. No word on new point system yet. But they seem to spend more time helping people with lost accounts rather than improving the game from what I see on here.
11/02/16 14:34
I wouldn't be so sure that winning with more games available to play is a good thing. In our guild everyone tries to play two games even if they lose it on purpose to make the most out of the possible money on hand.
11/02/16 20:25
Leicester Tigers - brothers in arms :

I wouldn't be so sure that winning with more games available to play is a good thing. In our guild everyone tries to play two games even if they lose it on purpose to make the most out of the possible money on hand.

Well that is down to a lack of discipline/ control / respect within your guild. Many, as we do, play the unofficial play one each until the latter stages , routine.

.... And for the record I am Leicester Tigers ( not brothers in arms, although invited :))). )
20/02/16 00:31
If guilds were more evenly matched in a guild challenge would teams still use their match bonus. It is because lower ranked guilds are matched against a top guild that the lower guild is more likely to use the MB.

I like the points idea but wouldn't 2 pts for a home win just encourage a greater use of the match bonus to ensure the home win!

Thre is a place for the match bonus but maybe cap it at 25% but then don't match the no 30 guild against the no1 guild.
26/02/16 14:35
If the guild draw ends up at 10-10 - would it be worth looking at games played for each guild? For example, if GUILD 1 won 10 points from 10 attempted matches, compared to GUILD 2 that won their 10 points from 11-20 matches - then could that be a win for GUILD 1?

Also the time limit - could that be reduced to 12 hours preparation, 12 hours playing time? It's hard enough trying to earn the RP as it is, let alone having to wait a full 2 days from the start of the 1st Guild Challenge to the next!