Fans

06/08/17 12:35
When you win a match on play a game you gain fans when you lose you lose them this is all fine. But when you are challenged to a game if you win you get nothing and when you lose you lose fans. This doesn't help some of us that are a higher ranking than are level retain fans. So it should be whether challenged or the challenger. You win you gain fans you lose you lose fans.
12/08/17 22:13
I agree totally, it's a ridiculous set up! If you defend a training game you should win the fans.... simple
13/08/17 18:40
it's one of the reasons I don't play to be as high as possible on the ranking system. I play so I can gain my fans back should I lose I have a 180 + rated team but apparently I'm about 11,000th in the rankings most around me are only rated at 40 and I never get challenged
13/08/17 19:30
Missing out on cash and training points both
13/08/17 20:04
Ashley Longthorn :

it's one of the reasons I don't play to be as high as possible on the ranking system. I play so I can gain my fans back should I lose I have a 180 + rated team but apparently I'm about 11,000th in the rankings most around me are only rated at 40 and I never get challenged

Is that not the same thing as a Guild manipulating its rating to extend a winning streak?
13/08/17 20:22
Hawkes Bay Magpies :

I agree totally, it's a ridiculous set up! If you defend a training game you should win the fans.... simple

Would you be willing to lose the energy then as well?
13/08/17 22:51
I like the idea of everything based on matches you chose. Win a game you start gain fans, lose a game you start lose fans, lose energy no matter what when you initiate. If you don't initiate then nothing happens. If you start the game you should win
13/08/17 23:45
Ashley Longthorn :

Can't understand the obsession with fans. I would much rather be high in the rankings with less fans - who cares if you lose some?
14/08/17 00:22
The ultimate for me would be that fans are based on your stadium, whatever stadium you have that's the fans you have. Then make games won in the top 10 worth a huge amount of cash, games in the top 100 a nice amount and slowly decrease the cash. Keep it where newbs still make some money but it would get rid of the excuses of, 'I'm one of the best but I don't want to lose fans' or 'my mate would destroy all you guys but what's the point' etc etc. The best would be proven then, no more excuses.
14/08/17 08:09
I think that would be a very bad idea on two counts; firstly, realism: this isn't "Field of Dreams." In the real world, people don't go and watch rugby just because it's a big stadium, they go because of tradition, because their team is successful, and because it play a good rugby. Edinburgh playing at Murrayfield is a classic case in point.
But more importantly, it would encourage even more people to build stadia far bigger than their teams would justify, which would lead to even more GvG mismatches.
Ideally, fan numbers should be based on league and ranking positions, taking ticket prices into account to make sense and keep the GvGs more even, but the current system would be ok if people worried more about team quality and strats and less about fans - who would actually want to see the worst team in the world?