Developers - This game is dying and you are losing your best players

21/06/16 21:12
In the last 24 hours - from our guild alone - Dropkicks, ABS, AB Supporters, Kiwis and - probably the best tactical strategist this game has known - Cayden have all decided to call it a day and have quit or are in the process of doing so.

I won't embarrass the others by mentioning them by name but I have spoken to 3 other Level 21, 140,000 fan players who are also thinking of stopping playing. Make that 4 if you include me too.

Why? Boredom and the lack of a challenge once you max out your fans, complete all your buildings and your strategy is established and regularly successful.

Developers make money from people buying Gold Balls (and yes I have bought my fair share before anyone jumps down my throat) and therefore their logic is probably that the new players joining are more important that the established ones at the top as they are the future GB spenders.

To a degree they are probably right but in the age of software reviews and customer feedback the negative reviews that are bound to come from disgruntled players who leave the game will affect their future income streams as new players will question whether they want to invest in a game that has a limited life and interest threshold.

The game needs expansion to buildings in excess of 20 levels. It needs new buildings that can be added like a training academy or youth or colts teams, they need to look again at MB - not for the lower levels - but when Level 21 teams play other level 21 or even level 20 teams and there is a parity of rankings, etc.

The introduction of drop goals and attack and defence spacing was something but it didn't take long to master did it? The reduction to 7 or so subs was a good move but it is not enough.

I think that there will be a continuation of some of the best players leaving during the next 2 or 3 championships unless some major changes are made OR AT LEAST some future changes are announced.

Any more good players, the likes of Cayden, Dropkicks and ABS leaving, would be a real shame because this game could be so good.

Gareth Lewis
Welsh Wizzards

International Lions Guild

21/06/16 21:23
Agreed. Rhino (Brothers in Arms) has also gone this evening, and I'm sure there will be more. Is a new version of the game planned? RM3 might be needed to tempt a few back.
Hawks (BiA)
21/06/16 21:31
I can't agree more. Once you have maxed out there is little to do. Team development and training to get promotion after promotion is fine but without building it's boring. Also, there should be a better chat facility, a way to talk to people personally or in other guilds. I loved this game when I started, it was so addictive, but now I mostly play out of loyalty.
21/06/16 21:31
The game has got so predictable and repetitive. I have upgraded all buildings, I have 200k of recruiter points, and win Tournements every 4 days. Getting boring now. GVG matches are good and I like the way the whole guild can participate. But something needs to be done with regards to new buildings.

You have a fantastic, addictive game here Sublinet! You need to keep us on our toes.

BB international Lions.

21/06/16 21:32
I completely agree Wizz, the implementation of guilds gave this game a unique and interesting edge, especially since I've been fortunate to be in (well one really) excellent guild in British / International Lions. It's what really sets the game apart and there have been comments on here previously from Brothers in Arms players about the comeraderie and banter keeping them going - I know exactly how they feel.

For me it's the Match Boost and a lack of academy that are the real downers on this game. Currently all the young players are monopolised by players with far far more RP's than me so I have to scrape by with decent 30/31 year olds - it won't be long until I can't replace them at a decent rate and lose competitiveness and likely interest. The match boost though does make a complete mockery of the game though as there's no point in training your players or working on strategies if someone boosts against you.

You've got an excellent game here but Sublinet if you don't do something you're going to end up with a big chunk of inactive teams clogging up your leagues soon...
21/06/16 21:38
Gareth,

As a level 21 player, I could not agree anymore with your above post. I'm now at the stage of giving up for 2 reasons:

1 - Boredom, I'm still building my snack shops and goodie stores but the other (important) buildings are at level 20. I'm now at a stage of wondering what to do next. You can finish 9th in the league and still get promotion, which being a 106* team is almost guaranteed. What then? I'll do it all over again the next season. It's ok for a couple of seasons but is now getting monotonous. Our guild is fantastic and conversation and new internal ideas are what's keeping me going ATM!!

2 - Match bonus, who ever thought about bringing this into the game should be fired by sublinet and should never be allowed another job until a brain transplant is performed. If one team isn't as good as another, then you lose. Unless you can "out tactic" them. That happens in real life within sport and will continue to happen. Imagine Italy played the all blacks and their manager said "I tell you what boys, I'll give you another 50% of your match fee if you try harder"??? Come on sublinet, take it away before you lose us.

So sorry to see Dtopkicks, ABS, AB supporters, Cayden and Kiwis leave as they were fantastic players.

Anyway, rant over.

Mike.
21/06/16 21:46
Well said Fishguard/Mike, I think the bonus issue is a huge problem as well, these 3 things, lack of progress above level 20, bonus and promoting so many teams every season, is ruining this game. It's such a shame I loved it
21/06/16 22:19
Mike Nightingale :

Agreed. Rhino (Brothers in Arms) has also gone this evening, and I'm sure there will be more. Is a new version of the game planned? RM3 might be needed to tempt a few back.
Hawks (BiA)

Yet another major blow to the game (respect to you Rhino as an always fair and quality opponent)
Another bites the dust, and the queue is ever growing.

Not sure of the real timelines but let's say 6 or 7 months, of fun, which appears to be running out of steam at rapid rates.'
The positive
I have made some very good friends that I will always continue to be in touch with.
The negative
A game based on the game we all love, appears to be dying around us.
Sublinet, if you need ideas, please ask us, we have plenty!
If you have plans, please tell us and we may wait!

Wizz ... Great thread.
If anyone ever wants contact, players or developers alike ... Britishlions@btinternet.com

21/06/16 22:41
Mike Nightingale :

Hawks (BiA)

That's a damn shame Mike - always enjoyed battles with Rhino. As Taff has already stated above, another fair and quality opponent bites the dust.

I would hate to guess at how many people are considering quitting for one reason or another. If quality competition like Rhino, Dropkicks, ABS and Cayden start disappearing then I think the exodus will be a lot quicker than any of us imagined as personally I'd put these 4 in the top 12 or so players this game has (or sadly should say) had.

22/06/16 00:58
Welsh Wizzards & Welsh Wizzards Colts :

In the last 24 hours - from our guild alone - Dropkicks, ABS, AB Supporters, Kiwis and - probably the best tactical strategist this game has known - Cayden have all decided to call it a day and have quit or are in the process of doing so.

I won't embarrass the others by mentioning them by name but I have spoken to 3 other Level 21, 140,000 fan players who are also thinking of stopping playing. Make that 4 if you include me too.

Why? Boredom and the lack of a challenge once you max out your fans, complete all your buildings and your strategy is established and regularly successful.

Developers make money from people buying Gold Balls (and yes I have bought my fair share before anyone jumps down my throat) and therefore their logic is probably that the new players joining are more important that the established ones at the top as they are the future GB spenders.

To a degree they are probably right but in the age of software reviews and customer feedback the negative reviews that are bound to come from disgruntled players who leave the game will affect their future income streams as new players will question whether they want to invest in a game that has a limited life and interest threshold.

The game needs expansion to buildings in excess of 20 levels. It needs new buildings that can be added like a training academy or youth or colts teams, they need to look again at MB - not for the lower levels - but when Level 21 teams play other level 21 or even level 20 teams and there is a parity of rankings, etc.

The introduction of drop goals and attack and defence spacing was something but it didn't take long to master did it? The reduction to 7 or so subs was a good move but it is not enough.

I think that there will be a continuation of some of the best players leaving during the next 2 or 3 championships unless some major changes are made OR AT LEAST some future changes are announced.

Any more good players, the likes of Cayden, Dropkicks and ABS leaving, would be a real shame because this game could be so good.

Gareth Lewis
Welsh Wizzards

International Lions Guild

Hey Wizz and the rest of international lions and past guilds, just wanted to say thanks for the friendlies and endless banter, it has been an absolute joy! Best of luck to everyone ahead, fingers crossed the developers are reading these posts and they take note of what you ( their customers ) are saying!
My team will go up for auction in the next couple of days, please bid hard as the recruiter coins will be donated to a player who doesn't have a lot !!

Thanks again ABS