Top 10 Guilds & Top Players

01/07/16 10:39
Birkinhead Park :

I think there are 2/3 in our guild who regularly beat them.

Who are the 2/3 in your guild that regularly beat them?

Please don't say cearnarfon! Since you can only use 7 subs, he is only average at best and has no idea of tactics? He just waits until players from other teams are tired and plays them? If he wasn't allowed to use MB (and visa) he would be level 20 at best?

Please feel free to enlighten us who the others are?
01/07/16 12:33
Birkinhead Park :

There's nobody particularly good in your guild, just huge MB users. Must've really hurt you lot that you can't use 30 subs in a game any more.
01/07/16 12:43
Bear Brown :

Birkinhead Park :

There's nobody particularly good in your guild, just huge MB users. Must've really hurt you lot that you can't use 30 subs in a game any more.

He's not wrong.
01/07/16 12:45
Add Beastie boys to that list. A good player who has just made me think about my tactics.
01/07/16 13:01
BB international lions :

Add Beastie boys to that list. A good player who has just made me think about my tactics.

I agree - BeastieBoys just "tore me a new one" in a GvG defence (so no MB) so had to try a completely different strategy for him. Nice one.
01/07/16 13:03
Welsh Wizzards & Back In The Game :

Before 3 of the best players to play this game (Cayden, Dropkicks and ABS) packed up the game, International Lions had an awesome and frighteningly scary line up in any GvG challenge. Add to these BB, Taff, El, Fishguard and a few others we were confident of beating anyone whether they used MB or not - and we did and still are!

However at one time I think we must have had 5 or 6 of the top players in the top 10 in our guild. Now it is not so straight forward to choose and each of us has problems against particular players in other guilds.

I think choosing a Top 10 that everyone agrees on is virtually impossible but I personally would include those mentioned above and Tetelisty, Poo Poo Pirates and 2 Teams Lomu, These I have played without MB many times and I always have problems against them.

I just wish there was a way of really finding out - like a "super league" with no MB, home and away matches!

Wouldn't argue much with that - I have a very good (MB free) record against Fishguard, and pretty good against Tetlisty, but can't beat BB for love nor money. The rest, well I have beaten them, but the records are all strongly in their favour. You too, WW.
And Rhino was always another top player.
01/07/16 13:15
Birkinhead Park :

You are having a laugh!

I CHALLENGE you here and now to name 3 players from your guild to play against 3 players from International Lions - home and away - in a FRIENDLY tournament (so you can't use 50% MB) and let's see who come out on top?

I'll even let you decide which 3 to choose to play from our guild from:

BB
Taff
Welsh Wizzards
Fishguard
EL Dynamos
WP Stormers

If your 3 beat ours, I will quit the game.

If our 3 beat yours, you will change your guild name for 1 week to MB Queens

What do you say?
01/07/16 13:17
Kenilworth :

Welsh Wizzards & Back In The Game :

Before 3 of the best players to play this game (Cayden, Dropkicks and ABS) packed up the game, International Lions had an awesome and frighteningly scary line up in any GvG challenge. Add to these BB, Taff, El, Fishguard and a few others we were confident of beating anyone whether they used MB or not - and we did and still are!

However at one time I think we must have had 5 or 6 of the top players in the top 10 in our guild. Now it is not so straight forward to choose and each of us has problems against particular players in other guilds.

I think choosing a Top 10 that everyone agrees on is virtually impossible but I personally would include those mentioned above and Tetelisty, Poo Poo Pirates and 2 Teams Lomu, These I have played without MB many times and I always have problems against them.

I just wish there was a way of really finding out - like a "super league" with no MB, home and away matches!

Wouldn't argue much with that - I have a very good (MB free) record against Fishguard, and pretty good against Tetlisty, but can't beat BB for love nor money. The rest, well I have beaten them, but the records are all strongly in their favour. You too, WW.
And Rhino was always another top player.

Thanks Kenilworth - Rhinos was a great player too. My error in forgetting him and if it makes you feel any better I struggle with BB too - on the pitch and as a person. He is SO modest you know
01/07/16 13:25
BB international lions :

Respect BeastieBoys, good GvG so far .....
01/07/16 13:25
Ha ha Fishguard, I'll get you when YOU'VE been training to even that up.