Players with ball running to original position of formation

18/07/16 11:11
Hi Admins,

Can you please do something about the game engine whereby a player in possession of the ball runs back to their assigned position in the formation and then plays.

This causes defenders/midfielders in advanced positions to run back to their original position and then start playing, either by passing or running back inthe direction they came from - you would never see this in a real match, a defender getting the ball near the opposition goal then runs back with the ball all the way to his own penalty area.

The most negative effect of this are people whom create tactics with 8-10 players as strikers in the penalty area (as when these players get possession of the ball, they will always run forward - and defenders thus use a long ball to simply pass to them - this is a huge contentious issue right now that is causing the majority of senior members to consider leaving the game).

An off-side rule in addition will assist.
18/07/16 18:19
Do you have a match as example? (please precise match time and strategy used)
18/07/16 20:14
Every match ...all the time
19/07/16 10:11
Pierre, as SA Swans mentioned, it happens for every match, In every move, you'll notice the player move towards his original position according to the formation regardless of of strategy.

In any case, please see my match against SA Swans (played 19/07 @ 9:48) as an example I've highligted the glaring ones:

-From minute 17 to minute 19 Sa Swans number 7 runs backwards to his original position in strategy an then tries to go forward
-From minute 41 to minute 43 my number 4 runs backwards to his original position
-In minute 45 to minute 46 again my numbe 4 moves to original position
-In minute 52, my number 5 moves backwards when in a attacking position most likely to his original position until he is attacked.
-In minute 62, Sa Swans number 4 runs backwards when in attacking poisiton
-In minute 78 - 81 Sa Swans number 8 runs backwards towards on goal when in advanced position

19/07/16 10:25
Thanks for the examples, we will investigate on this bug.
19/07/16 11:35
Thanks Pierre.