The 6.71 Patch

16/01/18 14:09
What do people think about awarding a BP for 3 tries? I appreciate that competition is a lot stiffer at the highest levels, but it feels to me that they are just rewarding mediocrity at my level. I have consistently been winning all my championship games at my level and the big challenge for me has been to get the perfect 65 points at season end with as big a GA as I can manage. I've always fallen short by one or two points due to missing matches, but now it looks like I am going to walk the perfect 65 without even needing to sub. On the flip side, it will make the tables a lot closer as more people will get BPs. I also like the idea of losing bonus points too - that is just reward for solid defensive efforts. Be interested to hear people's thoughts. I guess it will make things more interesting at the 50+ levels?
16/01/18 14:11
The BP is for scoring 3 tries more than your opponent, not just 3 tries.
16/01/18 14:17
They are trying to fix a recent trend of match fixing.
16/01/18 14:26
We are the Hutchie :

The BP is for scoring 3 tries more than your opponent, not just 3 tries.

Is it? I misread - thanks for the correction. Still going to make things easier at my level though. I can just set my offline strat, let the boys amble along at lower rhythm and they'll last the entire 80 and will score 3 no trouble. Auto-pilot stuff.
16/01/18 14:27
Black Monks :

They are trying to fix a recent trend of match fixing.

Indeed. I hear big money is changing hands. The Russians are at the heart of it naturally - or the North Koreans
16/01/18 16:10
Before today's patch you got a bonus point for losing by seven or less, now changed to five or less, and a bonus point for scoring four tries, now changed to a margin of three tries over opponent.

In the top divisions there has been a spate of teams agreeing to draw championship matches before hand (usually 35 all) to get two points for a draw and a bonus point for four tries. Many players have complained as it seems unfair to arrange these games, saving match bonus, when other teams are trying to win and perhaps investing real money to buy players.

I hope you continue to thrive and enjoy the game - "top players" seem to be announcing retirement daily, so the path to the top may become much shorter. Good luck.
16/01/18 17:39
Dunraven Castle :

Before today's patch you got a bonus point for losing by seven or less, now changed to five or less, and a bonus point for scoring four tries, now changed to a margin of three tries over opponent.

In the top divisions there has been a spate of teams agreeing to draw championship matches before hand (usually 35 all) to get two points for a draw and a bonus point for four tries. Many players have complained as it seems unfair to arrange these games, saving match bonus, when other teams are trying to win and perhaps investing real money to buy players.

I hope you continue to thrive and enjoy the game - "top players" seem to be announcing retirement daily, so the path to the top may become much shorter. Good luck.

So the match fixing is a real thing? Wow, I thought it was a joke.

I never realised that there was a losing bonus point system in place - learn something every day. Thanks for the info
16/01/18 17:42
If you look in the Congratulations To Ciren thread in 3rd Half, he reckons, and I agree, that there were 17 pre arranged draws or wins in the championship we were both in.

What's your team name / Guild? I'll drop you a friendly to say hello!
16/01/18 19:02
This is a great change by Sweet Nitro and is to be applauded. Glad to see that they have finally acted on one of the gripes players have. now how about all the rest Sweet Nitro? And dont pussy foot around fix the important issues like killing MB !!!
16/01/18 19:39
I've been ticketting the developers for around a month asking for the teams guilty of match fixing to be either booted from the game, suspended from the game (as Ospreys was), have points deducted or be relegated 5 divisions as punishment. THIS is the best they come up with to solve match fixing.

PATHETIC.