A season into reduced MB

27/04/16 15:17
That's why I will vote for expanding the retirement age to 55 lol
27/04/16 16:01
MB is a dreadful idea in the competitive arena. The guy who just won the latest Championship Leauge I was in walked it in spite of lower rankings and no smart training. Beat my team by one point in the final league game and I then thrashed him 23-0 in a friendly immediately after....

Too much of a discrepancy there in my opinion. If you're in the same championship level then you should be competing on equal terms. Smart coaches will beat not so smart coaches and individual training takes on more importance than spending money to beat better teams.
27/04/16 16:34
guest_1446016194963 :

MB is a dreadful idea in the competitive arena. The guy who just won the latest Championship Leauge I was in walked it in spite of lower rankings and no smart training. Beat my team by one point in the final league game and I then thrashed him 23-0 in a friendly immediately after....

Too much of a discrepancy there in my opinion. If you're in the same championship level then you should be competing on equal terms. Smart coaches will beat not so smart coaches and individual training takes on more importance than spending money to beat better teams.

The only area I might disagree on is that I've just been in an L16/L17 championship - difficult to compete against teams in the same level that have a 5 star advantage.
27/04/16 16:37
Isn't that what a training ground is for though ? ;0)
And strategies to counteract ?

Just saying lol
27/04/16 16:38
Waspy Tiger :

"guest_1446016194963" :

The only area I might disagree on is that I've just been in an L16/L17 championship - difficult to compete against teams in the same level that have a 5 star advantage.

That's a problem with the way the top level leagues are run, not a justification for using MB. There shouldn't be mixed leagues - period.
27/04/16 16:43
Oh, I see the issue now .... Valid point in such circumstances...... And indeed shouldn't happen, or some sort of compensation should be applied .... Not sure what, but a 5 point boost over each attribute curtesy of sublinet for the lower level player would at least match things up to a level playing field.
27/04/16 18:16
REMOVE MATCH BONUS! THE END
27/04/16 18:39
Gareth Lewis :

"Waspy Tiger" :

[quote=""guest_1446016194963""]

That's a problem with the way the top level leagues are run, not a justification for using MB. There shouldn't be mixed leagues - period. [/quote]

Well what do you do if you have 4 or 5 higher level players left over? No other real option, in fairness.
27/04/16 19:05
Increase the leagues by 1 team each.
27/04/16 19:47
Taff - British Lions :

Isn't that what a training ground is for though ? ;0)
And strategies to counteract ?

Just saying lol

Exactly. My training ground and Infirmary are level 20. Train them hard, recover them quickly, use the training points to increase the attributes you actually want from each player.

Or just slide the bonus bar up.