Kicking direct into touch outside 22m

Anyone noticed that teams kick direct into touch outside the 22 and not only get a line out but the throw in as well ? News for you guys the rules are scrum back where the team kicked from !! Also a penalty in a scrum should be a kick not another scrum ?
Iain Rees :

Anyone noticed that teams kick direct into touch outside the 22 and not only get a line out but the throw in as well ?

Only from pens, not seen it for anything else - and it's correct for pens.

News for you guys the rules are scrum back where the team kicked from !! Also a penalty in a scrum should be a kick not another scrum ?

Did you not watch minutes 78-100 of the France v Wales match?
I've had my guys kick direct to touch from outside 22 and get the lineout where the ball lands. Trying to look for patterns - current theory is that it is when my kickoff receiver returns the kickoff. But more research required as it does sometimes work correctly
Vuvuzelas :

I've had my guys kick direct to touch from outside 22 and get the lineout where the ball lands. Trying to look for patterns - current theory is that it is when my kickoff receiver returns the kickoff. But more research required as it does sometimes work correctly

The only time I've seen it work incorrectly is when the ball actually touches some part of the line. Of course that should be out on the full, but it appears to be treated as bouncing. Also, pens going out touch in goal or going dead are still giving 5m lineouts.