Individual strategy for players

07/06/18 18:50
I'm struggling to set a decent individual strat for my team at the minute. I understand the team one and how changing it affects what they do and I'm happy with how I have that set up. What I'm having problems with is how I can adjust the individual ones to get the most out of my players and their training points.

Can anyone offer any tips on how training points and individual strategy are linked as whenever I try and adjust it I make my team worse not better!
07/06/18 18:57
You can look at anyone's team and see their individual player strats. You also can see a list of the top teams in the game. Therefore,
18/06/18 13:49
A good rule of thumb is to go low rhythm and penetration on most of your forward and then higher rhythm and penetration on the backs. From there, the hand-off aggressiveness will depend on how high your safe hand off is and so on and so forth. I always tend to go high defence speed on forwards, low on backs and high attack speed on the backs. Passing will vary but don't go too mad with it or you'll be inaccurate.

As for allocating points, I always prioritise the set piece and rucking on the forwards and all skills directly or indirectly related to that, plus rhythm, tackle and passing.

Backs I prioritise rhythm, speed, acceleration (d&a), penetration, tackle, receiving, passing and rucking.

This is just general. From there you just tweak as you watch games and introduce new guys to your squad.
18/06/18 14:58
Team strat is just that, how you want the team to perform. Individual is how you want them to behave independently under the team strat.
So if you want 14 to be the only guy to penetrate then set team penetration very low and his quite high. Etc.. Don't worry about the silly warning triangles, they mean nothing.
Find someone in your guild who's full health and play them in friendlies tweaking a bit at a time to find cause and effect.
Hope this helps
18/06/18 15:53
just in addition to Dreads advice, tell the teammate what you're up to and ask them not to make subs or change any settings during or in between matches
18/06/18 16:14
Oh yeh, good shout
18/06/18 16:19
Dreadlocked warriors :

Team strat is just that, how you want the team to perform. Individual is how you want them to behave independently under the team strat.
So if you want 14 to be the only guy to penetrate then set team penetration very low and his quite high. Etc.. Don't worry about the silly warning triangles, they mean nothing.
Find someone in your guild who's full health and play them in friendlies tweaking a bit at a time to find cause and effect.
Hope this helps

In case you hadn't picked it up from Dredlocks' good advice, low penetration is the way to develop a passing game in your team. So if you set your team strat with a very low or lowish penetration, plus your forwards with low penetration, you are going to ship it out to your backs a lot of the game from kick off, rucks and set piece. Then you can vary penetration on each of your individual backs to get them passing more or less. So if you have a very low team strat penetration, and then say a penetration of 70 or even 80 on your 12, he will still pass the ball often, but will penetrate space when it opens up. If you prefer to attack down the 13 channel, then lower penetration slightly on the 10 and 12. Lowering it on your wings means that you generally attack more through the centre of the field which seems to be about the most effective way of going about things in my personal opinion, but obviously everyone is different. Chip and chase is a nice tactic too so playing with kick rate on players who don't have a high kick power is something to explore.

Just a few illustrations of how you can get the interplay of training and settings going.
18/06/18 21:20
WOW as a new comer to the game this is the best question and especially the honest answers I have come across
VERY INFORMATIVE
THANKS GUYS !!!!!
18/06/18 21:20
WOW as a new comer to the game this is the best question and especially the honest answers I have come across
VERY INFORMATIVE
THANKS GUYS !!!!!
18/06/18 23:12
Well with all the older players retiring we've got to help the new blood come up or we'll have no one to play.