Relegation

16/01/17 06:27
I'm kinda surprised you guys don't do this already because of your soccer background. I jumped to Champ level 3 thinking I'd face tougher competition, but there's more than a few inactives in my league. I don't mind the easy win, but it'd be nice to filter these guys back down to the first league so the serious players can play each other, and the solution is relegating a team or two down one championship rank at the end of each season, especially at the lower levels- that way, you don't punish active players, add a reason for struggling teams to keep playing, and let the higher level teams have more fun playing each other.
16/01/17 11:02
The problem with actual relegation is that the players stats will be higher than what the championship level allows. Remember with every championship level you go up your players max stats go up by 5.

So to "counter" this you can look at the current way things are setup as follows:
Positions 10 - 14 - This is the "relegation" zone
Positions 4 - 9 - This is the players that stay at the same championship level
Positions 1 - 3 - This is the "promotion" zone
17/01/17 01:16
qBaLL the Horrible :

The problem with actual relegation is that the players stats will be higher than what the championship level allows. Remember with every championship level you go up your players max stats go up by 5.

So to "counter" this you can look at the current way things are setup as follows:
Positions 10 - 14 - This is the "relegation" zone
Positions 4 - 9 - This is the players that stay at the same championship level
Positions 1 - 3 - This is the "promotion" zone

Except it's not really relegation lol
I'm primarily trying to target players who have been inactive with this anyway and get them out of 3+ champ levels. All their good players would have aged out and left them with just the computer generated 6s. Alternative option would be to re-cap the stats (have only the points below the cap count, but keep the stats in case a team moves up), or just allow the boost so higher level players don't get discourage when they're relegated. There wouldn't be more than a team or two that would face this issue anyway, since maxed stats give you a shot at staying or moving up anyway.
17/01/17 03:04
Btw, i have 2 level 12 in my champioship even though most of us are level 13. I don't know if this is intended or not but it's not fair for them being level 12 vs level 13. That 5 point max stat difference might hurt them the whole season
17/01/17 20:57
My personal feeling is if a team is inactive for week or longer, delete the account and recycle the players into AH.
17/01/17 21:24
Sam Tech 2.0 :

My personal feeling is if a team is inactive for week or longer, delete the account and recycle the players into AH.

After 2 weeks of inactivity a player will not be drawn for a new championship. His players still remains in his roster though.
17/01/17 21:27
Togo's Gorilla :

Btw, i have 2 level 12 in my champioship even though most of us are level 13. I don't know if this is intended or not but it's not fair for them being level 12 vs level 13. That 5 point max stat difference might hurt them the whole season

That does unfortunately happen as the number of players in a championship level isn't enough to fill up all the slots in that championship. It's in the minority though
17/01/17 21:31
qBaLL the Horrible :

Togo's Gorilla :

That does unfortunately happen as the number of players in a championship level isn't enough to fill up all the slots in that championship. It's in the minority though

Ah ok. Thanks for the reply.
17/01/17 21:35
No problem. I missed that post for some strange reason otherwise I would have replied earlier
18/01/17 03:17
qBaLL the Horrible :

Sam Tech 2.0 :

After 2 weeks of inactivity a player will not be drawn for a new championship. His players still remains in his roster though.

Is that really true? I've encountered teams of 31 yo 6 star players before...