Match up - Leveling out the playing fields.

30/08/18 18:04
Hopefully so. In the football AND rugby just got the hardest GC's ever! Lol. Tin hat time!
30/08/18 18:38
There is a very simple hack with this new system to win easily all your GCs, and not play against monster teams.. except if they use the same trick.. then it will be a big mess..
30/08/18 19:31
Oh, well. The most pleasure I get from GC's is catching teams, 10 levels higher than me, with their 'pants down'.
30/08/18 19:39
Peanut Butta :

Oh, well. The most pleasure I get from GC's is catching teams, 10 levels higher than me, with their 'pants down'.

haha. Same for us, but for now we get to play against teams who are full of players at lvl 70+. We managed to get one win in the gc hahaha.

The issue is that some top guilds might be penalised for no reason. A guild could win against all the other guilds, and still not be #1.
30/08/18 21:10
KOTJ :

Peanut Butta :

haha. Same for us, but for now we get to play against teams who are full of players at lvl 70+. We managed to get one win in the gc hahaha.

The issue is that some top guilds might be penalised for no reason. A guild could win against all the other guilds, and still not be #1.

If you win all your gvg matches you will first. If the running total is 60 days it will be very rare for guilds to remain winning 100% simply because they will be playing all the other top guilds. And if top is playing top and one of those wins them all they will certainly be #1, it is a mathematical inevitability. Worst case they would be tied for #1. Draws will become much more common and a top guild guild beating a top guild will become very thrilling.
30/08/18 21:23
Black Monks :

KOTJ :

Peanut Butta :

If you win all your gvg matches you will first. If the running total is 60 days it will be very rare for guilds to remain winning 100% simply because they will be playing all the other top guilds. And if top is playing top and one of those wins them all they will certainly be #1, it is a mathematical inevitability. Worst case they would be tied for #1. Draws will become much more common and a top guild guild beating a top guild will become very thrilling.

Really, “mathematical inevitability”? Very interesting...
What happens if a guild cannot launch GCs just after finishing the previous one.
This current system is not only based on the performance of a guild, but also on how fast they start the next GC. (do not tell me you forgot this variable).

Simple calculation:
The max points a guild can get in 60 days is 120 pts (assuming this guild launch a new gc every 36 hours) and win all of them.

If you take an example of a guild who also launches a gc every 36 hrs but continuously gets 1 win and 1 draw, they would score 80 pts in 60 days.
Similarly, a guild who launches a gc only every 48 hours, and win all of them, would only get 90 pts after 60 days... meaning:
the ranking of a super strong guild who can only launch a gc every 48 hrs will be very close to a guild who gets 1win/1draw but launch a new gc just after the previous one..

Additional variable: The time you wait to get matched once you click on the gc button:
I have just spoken to a strong guild who had to wait 6 hours before being matched against another guild.. If it happened regularly, they will quickly be late by one or more gc compared to other guilds that have been matched directly.

A new role has been created for guilds: The click commander who makes sure you start a new gc as soon as possible.

PS: Mathematical riguour is key before asserting something is “inevitable”.
30/08/18 21:28
Yes, mathematical inevitability because for any guild to leapfrog them they would run I to equal barriers. So no matter how many barriers you put the other guilds will have the same barriers
30/08/18 21:34
Let me just laugh.. I don t want to listen to your innovative mathematical theorem
I am ignoring the next comments for the sake of the forum.
30/08/18 21:38
Hi BM,
yes it depends on the frequency they play.
Again, the reason why changes were made was to ensure fairer match-ups. I can foresee some powerful Guilds, with teams full of 'gym monkeys', no great strategy, playing less, just to roll-over weaker Guilds.
You may say 'what's the point of that?' Looking at overall Forum comments, some players just don't like to lose. Hence the deletion of MB levels <50.
I'm expecting a huge rash of complaints, over the next month and beyond.
I hope I'm wrong.
30/08/18 21:44
Peanut Butta :

Hi.
that all depends on the frequency they play.
Again, the reason why changes were made was to ensure fairer match-ups. I can foresee some powerful Guilds, with teams full of 'gym monkeys', no great strategy, playing less, just to roll-over weaker Guilds.
You may say 'what's the point of that?' Looking at overall Forum comments, some players just don't like to lose. Hence the deletion of MB levels <50.
I'm expecting a huge rash of complaints, over the next month and beyond.
I hope I'm wrong.

Exactly... the ranking will also be closely linked to the frequency the guild play gcs... Some guilds do not launch gcs just after finishing the previous one.. Some teams wait for another guild to try to match against each other for the next gc etc... It will have a direct impact on your points..

Personally, it s not a big issue for me.. We are far from targeting a high ranking.
But I wouldn t say that the #10 in the current ranking is weaker than the #1... it s maybe just that they played less GCs.
SW could easily correct this by taking into account the % of wins..