Suspicious Energy Levels

29/09/16 16:36
My guild drew one of the top guilds in the game in a GVG yesterday. Our teams are certainly weaker, so we are trying to make every match count to get a draw.

With this in mind, I targetted two particular teams that I was going to challenge. I started to monitor them very closely to work out the best time to make a challenge. Part of that monitoring was to look at the energy levels of the teams players. I did this every ten minutes or so for about an hour before I started to become suspicious. For some reason, the eergy levels of the players on the team never changed. They stayed consistently at a level just below 100% (typically 95-97 depending on the player) and didn't change.

I then started monitoring them more closely, and checked the teams every five minutes over the course of four hours (nope, I don't have much of a life!!). For four hours, none of their players energy levels changed once.

Now I could understand if the player was following a pattern of having 97, then 98, then 99 and 100 before dropping back to 97 as that would indicated that the opposing player was training every 30 minutes. However, this was not what I saw. Instead, I saw players who had 96 energy consistently for four hours straight, no improving or dis-improving.

Can anyone think of a logical reason for this? Or am I right in being suspicious that there may be something more sinister going on here?

I'd be very interested in hearing from the devs on this.
29/09/16 16:50
Close your app and reopen between views
29/09/16 17:07
I did that on a few occasions, and also moved to the desktop version just in case it was an app issue...however, that didn't change anything.
29/09/16 19:04
Report a bug ?
29/09/16 23:45
Don't think it's anything sinister but I've never fully trusted the energy levels shown for other players. To give one example, they are too often shown as 85% to ring true.