Legend Slayer /Cerberus - RIP

24/08/20 12:53
I totally understand what you are saying and yes, it's easy to look back on this and say we should have gathered more proof or questioned some aspects more. Hindsight is such a wonderful commodity.
Valhalla members knew him in-game/WhatsApp for several months before the so-called death. He was, up to then, a good guy that played well and had a laugh with us. So we felt that we lost a good guildmate, not a close personal contact.

A second contact was given, claiming to be a close Aunt and approved of the child to continue the game and purchase Visas. This was checked for the protection of a minor in the game. At least we knew a real-life person was watching the child.

With no reason to believe at the time that this was not as it appeared, there was no need to distress a grieving family further than necessary. I assumed the child would fade out the game as the family healed.

I have heard people say that they gave money, I don’t know any details on that. I would expect that there is possible further action by those involved if needed regarding that, and I would not want this forum to affect any possible investigation into that if needed. That for the people involved there to comment on.

Yet for all the people that gave their matches, sent their prayers, and left messages here, you should know the truth as far as anyone can determine.

He is still playing and just moved to another guild. He showed no remorse for his action, just apologised that it hurt people but he states that this was acceptable due to the benefits in real life that he gained.

There is a lot unanswered, like the real reason he did this. I guess I for one will never understand the mindset of a person that would do this for study or not.
24/08/20 13:24
I hear you. I'm not saying you guys did anything wrong - hindsight is an exact science after all. I just find it surprising that he got away with it, so to speak, and wondered if anyone had actually spoken to his daughter or any other family member on the phone. That would be quite something if the family were involved too.

I wondered as well... What is his real name? There was a team called Legend Something-or-Other who became infamous for "borrowing" recruitment points from other players and then leaving the guild and not paying back. Wonder if it's the same guy
24/08/20 16:51
Phalanx : Damage Inc. :

I hear you. I'm not saying you guys did anything wrong - hindsight is an exact science after all. I just find it surprising that he got away with it, so to speak, and wondered if anyone had actually spoken to his daughter or any other family member on the phone. That would be quite something if the family were involved too.

I wondered as well... What is his real name? There was a team called Legend Something-or-Other who became infamous for "borrowing" recruitment points from other players and then leaving the guild and not paying back. Wonder if it's the same guy

I know the person you are referring to, but the 'RP borrower' is not the same person or team.
I don't want to say the team name as I don't want to slander or accuse others here. That would not be right.
25/08/20 00:38

That's The Legend Punisher - not Legend Slayer. Different people I think Nick.
25/08/20 00:45
Welcome back François - you nincompoop!

I have to admit, I did chuckle when the story came to light, I'm not quite certain why but I did see the funny side.
25/08/20 00:51
Mic's Mob :

This was the great side of the RM community. Showed the compassion of everyone for a fellow game player.

Yep agree with this, there are and have been several occasions when the RM community has actually been a really nice place to be. This was one of them, regardless of the pretext
25/08/20 10:16
Damage Royal :

That's The Legend Punisher - not Legend Slayer. Different people I think Nick.

The Legend Punisher is a definitely a different person and not related to this hoax at all.
29/08/20 18:49
Having been in a guild that lost a founding member a while back, this act leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.
Hang your head in shame Legend Slayer!
Disgraceful!
Having been in a guild that lost a founding member a while back, this act leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.
Disgraceful!
Disgraceful!