Changes to guild requirements for Guild Challenges

13/05/18 09:51
It took a while as a new guild to get up to the 10 required, we finally got there and had a few challenges but now cannot due to this change. I think it will kill the game where it should be bringing players/fans together.
13/05/18 18:21
Guest F63G7M :

It took a while as a new guild to get up to the 10 required, we finally got there and had a few challenges but now cannot due to this change. I think it will kill the game where it should be bringing players/fans together.

Or you could see it as the next challenge, a chance to grow or merge, expand your horizons. Wringing hands and foreseeing doom will not build you a good guild.
16/05/18 21:14
Black Monks :

I think a lot of players in guilds with 25 members got tired of constantly drawing guilds with 15 and thus being forced to sit out 10 of their guild. Other ways around this, but they at least have good intentions and are trying to address a real issue.

For once, I find myself agreeing with BM. It was really annoying being in a really active guild of 20 to 25 players, all of whom play both GC games and want the cash, only to be drawn against guild of 12, 14, 18 etc. It just felt unfair to have to leave people out all the time. We had one guy rejoin the guild I was in and he didn't get a challenge for well over a week cos of all the low number guilds and he didn't have enough fans. He was a really good player and he left.

I think the move is a positive one in the long term as it will force short-numbered guilds to merge.

Totally agree that something needs to be done about making recruitment easier though.
17/05/18 07:58
I think there are several points here. Sweet Nitro could have changed their GC algorithm so that guilds met other guilds with more similar numbers. Their constant focus on fan numbers and average fan numbers is ridiculous because it does nothing. As guilds grew in numbers they could and would have been pitted against similar guilds. A little notice to guilds as well might have saved some angst - we had just weeded out deadwood and fell below the line, where we could have kept some strong (but inactive) wood to allow us to stay in the GC. While we are full again, our guild is actually weaker now than it was. The problem is not with guilds not recruiting - the problem is with Sweet Nitro for crap communication and understanding of the guilds.
19/05/18 08:07
I totally agree. It is bloody annoying that they changed the minimum amount of team to do GC without giving us any warning. It is differently one way to lose players. I hope they fix it and put it back to 10 teams minimum