Who is best guild

Caernarfon RFC :

Fair comment but this game is 191 seasons old. How many still here?

And how many have never retired? I know I have twice. The first time for 10 months but the second only for four months after Damage Inc
Caernarfon RFC :

Why do you have to have been here since the beginning to be considered a top player. I actually started playing this game in December 2015. I very quietly worked my way to the top with no help from top players as I was in lower level guilds. It took me until 2021 to get there and then I decided to I would take the game more seriously and move to one of the top guilds which was EMM at the time. Then on to Spuitpoep in March last year. Does that make me less of a player?
Simons Spud Slingers :

Caernarfon RFC :

Why do you have to have been here since the beginning to be considered a top player. I actually started playing this game in December 2015. I very quietly worked my way to the top with no help from top players as I was in lower level guilds. It took me until 2021 to get there and then I decided to I would take the game more seriously and move to one of the top guilds which was EMM at the time. Then on to Spuitpoep in March last year. Does that make me less of a player?

Absolutely not, but to use a football analogy. Manchester City are the best around now. But in terms of history Real Madrid have no peers. Thats the European Cup.

Some people have smashed it out of the park since season 1 and are still doing it.
Re-"Who is the best Guild" I look at it historically and base it on Guilds that were consistently top for a number of seasons so going right back to the start of the game, before anyone had heard of La Cag or Damage Inc (not even sure they existed back then but could be wrong), the dominant Guild at the top was Lomus' Legends. Spuitpoep I think were around but Lomus' were the best.

Then at various points throughout the subsequent years we have had, in no particular order, Spuitpoep, La Cag, Damage and Alpha Omega. There were others there or thereabouts but those I named were consistently No.1.

Just my opinion on a very subjective question
DHSFP :

Re-"Who is the best Guild" I look at it historically and base it on Guilds that were consistently top for a number of seasons so going right back to the start of the game, before anyone had heard of La Cag or Damage Inc (not even sure they existed back then but could be wrong), the dominant Guild at the top was Lomus' Legends. Spuitpoep I think were around but Lomus' were the best.

Then at various points throughout the subsequent years we have had, in no particular order, Spuitpoep, La Cag, Damage and Alpha Omega. There were others there or thereabouts but those I named were consistently No.1.

On a different note, I'm running a World Cup at season end. I usually run it at the end of the month amongst Spuitpoep but on this occasion I've invited La Cag members to join and some have said yes. You can find the comments on the French forum under World Cup. You are also invited. It will be pools of 4 with everyone playing friendlies against their opponents. Only the scores from your attacking games count towards your GA. Let me know if you're keen

Dave
Caernarfon RFC :

Simons Spud Slingers :

Caernarfon RFC :

Absolutely not, but to use a football analogy. Manchester City are the best around now. But in terms of history Real Madrid have no peers. Thats the European Cup.

Some people have smashed it out of the park since season 1 and are still doing it.

Yes Caer im one off them left that started on the second day the game launched,havent retired at any stage been here for all 191 seasons and off that been at top level 169 off them seasons with a longest run off 41 consecutive seasons with out fail recon there is only 2 that can top that run (if im not mistaken Gus before level 100(56) and NZ(44).Lol strange how some always get left out of these topics lol.

Ruddies
DHSFP :

Your pretty correct there mate Poep was started around level 20 only been here ever since .Dont forget WES and Juggers was also pretty strong guilds at that stage.

Been a hel of a ride seen so manny good guilds and players come and go over the years.

Simons Spud Slingers :

Cougars (Dave) :

Caernarfon RFC :

Blitzkrieg! :

Caernarfon RFC :

Many great teams and guilds come and go. Longevity is key. For those of us in the game from the very beginning there was dominant guilds the likes of Urban Rugby. There dominant players like Rucking Broncos. Where are they now. For sure for me the greatest player ever based on longevity is Gus without doubt.

I think Gus's six straight losses against Simons Spud Slingers yesterday would suggest otherwise.

You missed longevity

Maybe this conversation should revolve around longevity in the top league? Yes this game has produced many wonderful players, yourself included. I have been at Spuitpoep for roughly 18 months and have not missed promotion the entire time. I've seen you miss promotion. I've seen Gus, Pam, Betson and even NZ miss promotion. And I can say the same about my guild. I think Bluemooners is the only person in my guild that hasn't missed promotion in my time there (I could be wrong about that though). Also, some players don't get as much respect (me) because they started out in an all Australian guild IARG RED. I retired and they changed their name to RED Kelly Gang. But as IARG RED we made it to 3rd even though half our guild wasn't very good. We only had 5 or 6 top level players. And we weren't playing map games because we didn't want to give up our strategies. Long story short, many players from Spuitpoep have been playing this game since the start or close enough to it, but because we weren't associated with the best guilds, our names aren't mentioned. Simon has been top level longer consecutively than anyone in La Cag and he has longevity...just ask his Mrs lol

???? very good Dave. I’ve actually only missed promotion once since joining Spuitpoep in March last year and am currently on 28 consecutive seasons at the top. I think there is only yourself (on 29) and Jono (god only knows how many) who have been at the top longer. So as for longevity we’re not doing too bad.

Dont forget about Carl him self is sitting on his 33rd season in a row now

Dont forget about Carl him self is sitting on his 33rd season in a row now [/quote]

How could we forget the Silent Assassin Carl. Great player. He’s so quiet though I’d forgot he’d been at the top for so long. Just gets on with the business.
Cougars (Dave) :

On a different note, I'm running a World Cup at season end. I usually run it at the end of the month amongst Spuitpoep but on this occasion I've invited La Cag members to join and some have said yes. You can find the comments on the French forum under World Cup. You are also invited. It will be pools of 4 with everyone playing friendlies against their opponents. Only the scores from your attacking games count towards your GA. Let me know if you're keen

Dave

Many thanks for the kind offer Dave but my time on the game these days is limited so sadly I have to decline.

Thanks again,

Al.