Match Fixing Part 3.

29/10/18 21:31
Sooooo, after the previous 2 threads got deleted by the sweetnitro "gods" I am forced to start yet another one. Gonna need some help in keeping on top of it, so please post screen grabs or match results of games that were fixed to gain promotions.

If they didnt lie to me about deleting the threads I wouldn't be as bothered, but I've had enough of the cheats.
29/10/18 21:53
*Saruman* :

Sooooo, after the previous 2 threads got deleted by the sweetnitro "gods" I am forced to start yet another one. Gonna need some help in keeping on top of it, so please post screen grabs or match results of games that were fixed to gain promotions.

If they didnt lie to me about deleting the threads I wouldn't be as bothered, but I've had enough of the cheats.

You will never beat cheat nitro, not until you spend silly amounts of real money. Its forcing many a long serving player into retirement. Theyll learn 1 day i hope
30/10/18 09:55
Without entering the debate as to how players should play the game, I do think Sweet Nitro should act on this and make a 0-0 draw zero points for both teams.
30/10/18 14:18
I don't think it is an issue. My view is that in reality it weakens those that participate. The reality is if you are strong enough then you will prevail regardless and punish them for dropping points. If you are not strong enough then invest in your squad and strategy. This is getting boring now.

The other point you miss is that it can't be cheating if you are not breaching a rule.
30/10/18 15:07
Hi Fallen,
could you state where the 'rulebook' is? Plz.
30/10/18 15:08
When it comes to match fixing rings where 9 teams from different guilds are arranging matches to ensure those 9 go through at the expense of the other 5, I totally agree. Not cool at all. Technically not against any Sweet Nitro rules, but not cool and not in the spirit of the game. I guess some guys will only see that once they get into a championship like this and they're one of the other 5.

But I'm going to give some push back, as unpopular as it may be. What about fixing the outcomes of championship matches with your own guild mates? This argument has been going on for years in Formula 1... is it acceptable to have team orders for the #2 driver to allow his teammate to pass him and ensure he stays in the running for the championship title, at the expense of a competitor? I think there's something of the same principle at work here. Championships and promotions have become pretty important to guilds now that there is a guild ranking according to guild challenge success. Its added another dimension to the game.

I know some will probably still argue that it's wrong to fix the outcome of matches. That's fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it can be reasonably and logically argued. But all I would like to add is that those who argue against have most probably fixed the outcome of a champ match with their own guild mate themselves before.

Oh and while we are talking about these things, shall we also get to talking about getting guild mates and friends to bid up Visa players in the auction house to manipulate and pump up the price they get? Everybody's done it, and yet it also gives unfair advantage to those who happen to have more friends on the same level than others. I'm not necessarily saying I'm against the practice. Just that there is a lot of activity on the game that is not entirely "above board" but some like to pick only on the ones that are their pet subjects.
30/10/18 15:57
Hi,
yes, there is always going to be some kind of 'bending' of the rules. That is unavoidable.
I think 'match-fixing' is much more serious. I have seen players, on this Forum, comment about the 'integrity' of the Rugby Union game and its 'spirit'.
Below is quoted from the 'Governance' of English Rugby Union (which applies internationally)

•The following are also prohibited:
•Fixing a match or attempting to fix a match
•Benefitting from failing to perform
•Soliciting, inducing encouraging (or attempting to) any other party to do any of the above offences
•Posing a threat to the integrity of rugby
•Destruction of evidence in relation to a potential breach
•Failing to report suspicions or approaches

I know we are only playing a virtual game. But if players do not abide to 'rules' such as these - the spirit and the sportsmanship of Rugby Union does not apply to 'Rugby Manager'.
And for the record. I have never 'thrown' a game in GC's, it goes against the grain. I'm not concerned if other players do it, as it doesn't affect the overall result. Bending rules - not breaking and not affecting other players' standings.

I'm very disappointed in the fact that the long-term players seem to be the ones involved. Just in order to keep their Guilds strong and at the top (the GC ranking changes have obviously contributed to the fixing).
As has been stated, continuing this is pointless, well done to SARUMAN tho'.

The players involved are far too narcissistic to heed or consider others!

30/10/18 20:58
Peanut Butta :

Hi Fallen,
could you state where the 'rulebook' is? Plz.

Yes no worries just click on the link at the bottom of the page that says Terms of Use as that is the rules.

Perhaps the thread would be better named Against the Spirit of the Game. If Sweetnitro introduced a reference to the RFU rules that you quote then it would be correct.

I think this is also highlighting that people should not have campaigned against the consolidation of the leagues as would have brought more competition in at the top. At some point Sweetnitro can't keep adding a league on each season as there will not be time to play. Think it was the wrong call in conclusion.

It still remains that conceptually throwing a gvg match to raise extra gate money is against the spirit as defined in this thread. You can't have your cake and eat it.
01/11/18 20:54
Mmmmm, I like cake, especially lemon drizzle, nom nom.

Anyway, it has only been a day, but here are the 1st 4 fixers, more will follow as the season progresses, and this thread will probably get deleted soon anyway. Drum roll please...……………………………..

Damage Royal (Damage Inc) V Adrenalin (Damage Inc)
Sogeking (La Cag) V Yakitorix (La Cag)

These are only the obvious ones, and I am just concentrating on the top leagues as there are too many for 1 person to keep up with. However and as ever, I would like other people to chip in if they see a dodgy 0-0, 21-21, 21-0 match in their league.

Muchos love,

Saru.
02/11/18 00:52
we must stop crying
Saruman you always play the teams after their tournament or championship matches. Are you so bad?