Losing to worse teams

21/10/15 22:42
How is it possible when I have a rating of 20ish to lose to team about 10? How can my strategy be that wrong on the default setting? I have tried to change strategy settings but it makes not difference. It's like Portugal beating New Zealand lol......seriously though.......it makes me not want to bother. What's the point in slowly buying the best players to build a good team?
22/10/15 07:43
Same thing's happening to me. I'm 2nd bottom in a lvl 3 league with my average player rating just over 18 whereas the team currently leading has an average player rating of about 10.5...
22/10/15 11:30
A couple of things, firstly of course your strategy can be "wrong" on the default setting. Default is not best. It is simply default. Work on strategy and you can improve. Work out where you are going wrong by watching games, do you pass enough, do you kick too much or too little, are you giving away penalties, are you winning line outs. All these things and then make changes to your strategy accordingly.

But also, team average rating can be misleading. It is an average of the entire squad, not the first team on the field. If you have a squad of 23 players all of 20 (I'm simplifying here) then your average will be 20. But if you have a squad of 46, half of whom are level 20 but the other half are level 10 then your team average will be 15 but the fielded team can all be 20. If I see an individual player is beating my team then I check what level he is, it's not unusual to find a player of level 30 playing amongst a whole load of low level players, and that one player can be damaging.

I went through a patch where I seemed to be loosing to everyone. I had made too many big changes to my strategy. I now have a primary strategy and a test strategy. I make changes to the test strategy and if they seem to work then put them in my primary strategy. I'm doing better - although getting my behind kicked in the league championship, I have got through to the final of a tournament at last.
22/10/15 13:03
I can actually give a real life example. My next match in 50 minutes is against a team with a rating of 16.49. Great. I have a rating of 21.93. I'm all excited, should win that shouldn't I? But. Big but. I have just worked out the average of his first team, the fifteen he will field against me. Average of just those players is 26.3. Not going to win that am I. He has loads of 6 and 7 rated players in his massive squad, but his first team has one player of 23 and then everything else higher than that, with one of 32.
Averages are misleading.
22/10/15 13:05
Although to be honest,must worked out the average of my first team and it is 26.6. So this will be all about the strategy between the two teams. I'll let you know
22/10/15 17:49
Hooray, I won, 12-0
22/10/15 19:49
Strategy, fitness and morale are very important in this game. My best 15 now average 40, yet I am 4-4 in the league. There comes a point that you cannot dominate through out rating the opposition, there is more to it.
28/10/15 20:52
make sure your team have these skills, toughness, strength and stamina, then your team will have less injuries, hurt more opponents in games and not get tired when other team is already out of pace. Combine this with a good strategy setup thats set up to cancel out any weak points in your game and a 15* team will out play and outlast teams with 30* or even more..
The only way you can set your strategy up just right is to watch games and set it up acordingly, dont copy someone else's setup as it will not be set to your team.
When my pass success rate is 100% and i get no fouls and my players pass through opposition without loosing the ball I know the setup is just right