Debate for MB

04/03/16 02:08
think a lot that are talking in here feel they are better than they really are and are trying to find another reason as to why they lost
04/03/16 02:15
Waspy Tiger :

".Leicester Tigers." :

People go on about the hard work put in by the top teams. Lower teams put in hard work too.

Seems to me that those crying loudest are those with the deepest pockets.

Match bonus is another variable - live with it. It is available to everyone both 'rich and poor'.

Completely wrong - it's the big boys that use it most in my experience - they've nothing else to use the money on, and they use it to prevent an upset and prevent people who have invested a lot of time into developing superior tactics from getting the results they deserve. It's a cheat's charter.

are you for real?
04/03/16 12:47
killerkiwis :

"Waspy Tiger" :

".Leicester Tigers." :
People go on about the hard work put in by the top teams. Lower teams put in hard work too.

Match bonus is another variable - live with it. It is available to everyone both 'rich and poor'.

Completely wrong - it's the big boys that use it most in my experience - they've nothing else to use the money on, and they use it to prevent an upset and prevent people who have invested a lot of time into developing superior tactics from getting the results they deserve. It's a cheat's charter.

are you for real?

Yes - that response leads me to believe that you aren't, though. Seems to be a lot of the big boys are trying to pretend it's a way of making it fairer for the smaller players, all the time knowing it's a way of protecting their positions and making sure that people with superior tactics can't get an advantage through skill. That misrepresentation is in itself downright dishonest.
An example - in yesterday's Guild Challenge, in my home leg I beat a player whose squad average was 20 points better than mine, team average nearer 30 points better. Without any match bonus, simply by having superior tactics. Close, but I beat him 9-7.Inevitably, he whacked on the bonus to play a return game, and he beat me 35-0. If it was a league game, I would've had no chance even if I maxed out bonus myself, because his team would then be 60 points better than mine, and no amount of tactics can deal with that. And that's what's happening - people who have maxed out stadia and other buildings have plenty of cash to spare, and are using it to protect their positions. Perhaps not overt cheating, but IMHO of dubious morality.
04/03/16 14:12
and why not you use MB waspy ?
06/03/16 10:41
If you remove the mb for gvg then i think the ranking of the gvg should be on average star quality not how many fans the guild has!. there must be a way of sorting out the gvg so as you dont get missed matched teams! its very hard for a small guy of 45 stars to beat a guy of 70+. I agree that there should be some sort of rewards for defending a gvg game.I also think that the mb should definitely be removed for championship matches.I also think the goal kicking could be more realistic!.
13/03/16 08:12
Waspy Tiger :

"killerkiwis" :

"Waspy Tiger" :
<div class="citation">".Leicester Tigers." :

are you for real? </div>

Yes - that response leads me to believe that you aren't, though. Seems to be a lot of the big boys are trying to pretend it's a way of making it fairer for the smaller players, all the time knowing it's a way of protecting their positions and making sure that people with superior tactics can't get an advantage through skill. That misrepresentation is in itself downright dishonest.
An example - in yesterday's Guild Challenge, in my home leg I beat a player whose squad average was 20 points better than mine, team average nearer 30 points better. Without any match bonus, simply by having superior tactics. Close, but I beat him 9-7.Inevitably, he whacked on the bonus to play a return game, and he beat me 35-0. If it was a league game, I would've had no chance even if I maxed out bonus myself, because his team would then be 60 points better than mine, and no amount of tactics can deal with that. And that's what's happening - people who have maxed out stadia and other buildings have plenty of cash to spare, and are using it to protect their positions. Perhaps not overt cheating, but IMHO of dubious morality.

lol nice rant

15/03/16 10:29
On behalf of British Lions Guild, we would like it to be removed all together or at worse case limited to10%>
Taken away completely from GvG ......

Thanks
Taff - British Lions Guild
15/03/16 12:20
guest_1450302203610 :

and why not you use MB waspy ?

I don't need to for home GvG games because I've got better strategies - which is what the game's about, isn't it? I can't for away GvG games because of the way the game is set up. I have to if I want to win league games, which makes the whole thing pointless - and if everyone is using it, it benefits the stronger players most, because it does away with any chance of beating them through skill.
15/03/16 13:15
The other one to throw into the melting pot is the ability to use MB on away games in GvG ... Seems logical that both sides can can match each other's MB if they wished, HOWEVER ... We have a great mix of Northern and Southern Hemisphere teams here, and strangely, thus we have time zones :o). Thus if a team put on a defensive MB that charged them, by the time that person wakes up in the morning, it is possible he is bankrupt having been challenged 20 times (unlikely. Granted, but possible. ) ....

Using the grasshoppers v Saracens example above, yes an MB in the real world would potentially motivate, and the day itself would potentially make the player that little more wanton ... But not by more than 10% .... SA v Japan in RWC is a great example where they may have just wanted it more on the day, but they weren't 100% better than normal !

And as a Welshman I am not going to even mention Samoa and Fiji in RWC games .... Especially as one was the Western side lol (hate that English joke lol)

Anyhow, In summary, there is no option IMHO except for.
Removal all together.'
Reduce impact to 10%

Or the end result will just be that everyone that can afford it turns it on, is annoyed by it, and and and ......

Taff - British Lions
15/03/16 13:46
Alistair Jones :

The other one to throw into the melting pot is the ability to use MB on away games in GvG ... Seems logical that both sides can can match each other's MB if they wished, HOWEVER ... We have a great mix of Northern and Southern Hemisphere teams here, and strangely, thus we have time zones :o). Thus if a team put on a defensive MB that charged them, by the time that person wakes up in the morning, it is possible he is bankrupt having been challenged 20 times (unlikely. Granted, but possible. ) ....

Using the grasshoppers v Saracens example above, yes an MB in the real world would potentially motivate, and the day itself would potentially make the player that little more wanton ... But not by more than 10% .... SA v Japan in RWC is a great example where they may have just wanted it more on the day, but they weren't 100% better than normal !

And as a Welshman I am not going to even mention Samoa and Fiji in RWC games .... Especially as one was the Western side lol (hate that English joke lol)

Anyhow, In summary, there is no option IMHO except for.
Removal all together.'
Reduce impact to 10%

Or the end result will just be that everyone that can afford it turns it on, is annoyed by it, and and and ......

Taff - British Lions

Well said, Taff. It will kill the game if it isn't changed.