Sports gear

02/09/18 12:15
Fully agree with Peanut Butta regarding the sport shop.
It involves some strategic aspects. You can either choose to spend zillions to get all level 3 gears before starting your championship.. But then it will impact your building upgrades.. Or you can start with the Level 1 gears, and buy the level 3 when they cost 1$ (around day 7/8 in the championship)... And then you can focus on some building upgrades..
You also have to decide which gears are the most important for your team, etc.

If you start removing all the aspects of the game that can boost a team (e.g. the MB, the sport shop, the strategy center, the finance building which is linked with the morale % of your players etc), you actually remove a big strategy aspect of the game.

If you only want to play with the the strategy of a team/players, you should maybe try a rugby simulation game, where the only focus is the team itself, not the buildings/stadium etc (and it s not a critic.. For a long time I preferred pure Rugby games, like Jonah Lomu, Ruby Nations etc).
For a Rugby Manager game, I expect to be able to make some decisions that will boost my team (like the sport shop, the morale level of my players, MB etc.), while another player will make other decisions.

This is why I was fine with MB... Both players had the option to use it (except in GC). I never used it, but I had no reason to complain when my opponent did.. I could have pushed the slide bar too (but I decided not to... it was my choice, my strategy).. same for the sport shop.. You need to have a strategy for the gears, and not complain if your opponent had a different one.. (You can even learn from him... I learned many things by observing my opponents).

Cheers,
02/09/18 14:03
KOTJ :

Fully agree with Peanut Butta regarding the sport shop.
It involves some strategic aspects. You can either choose to spend zillions to get all level 3 gears before starting your championship.. But then it will impact your building upgrades.. Or you can start with the Level 1 gears, and buy the level 3 when they cost 1$ (around day 7/8 in the championship)... And then you can focus on some building upgrades..
You also have to decide which gears are the most important for your team, etc.

If you start removing all the aspects of the game that can boost a team (e.g. the MB, the sport shop, the strategy center, the finance building which is linked with the morale % of your players etc), you actually remove a big strategy aspect of the game.

If you only want to play with the the strategy of a team/players, you should maybe try a rugby simulation game, where the only focus is the team itself, not the buildings/stadium etc (and it s not a critic.. For a long time I preferred pure Rugby games, like Jonah Lomu, Ruby Nations etc).
For a Rugby Manager game, I expect to be able to make some decisions that will boost my team (like the sport shop, the morale level of my players, MB etc.), while another player will make other decisions.

This is why I was fine with MB... Both players had the option to use it (except in GC). I never used it, but I had no reason to complain when my opponent did.. I could have pushed the slide bar too (but I decided not to... it was my choice, my strategy).. same for the sport shop.. You need to have a strategy for the gears, and not complain if your opponent had a different one.. (You can even learn from him... I learned many things by observing my opponents).

Cheers,

Way to go PB and KOTJ. A well balanced view and no chips on your shoulders. With you all the way. Wish everyone faced up the same.
02/09/18 20:50
Peanut Butta :

Hi,
no, not at all. I'd rather you have your best team out.
I'll keep you in mind and will try to catch you with your 'pants down' at some point. I won't win, be may be able to give you a better game.
Cheers......

Pants were down there PB. Craptics in force. Why did you take 31 minutes to get your first score lol.
02/09/18 21:00
Because I had kick off. I may have ran in 10 tries otherwise. Quite correct - 'craptics', lol.
04/09/18 23:11
It's good to know you can claim ownership of any threads you make. I'll have to remember that so I can keep 'unwanted jerks' in the distance when I bring up a subject for PUBLIC DEBATE.
04/09/18 23:17
Adrian Woods :

It's good to know you can claim ownership of any threads you make. I'll have to remember that so I can keep 'unwanted jerks' in the distance when I bring up a subject for PUBLIC DEBATE.

Who or what is this directed towards? Maybe I'm dense but I can't tell who you are upset with.
04/09/18 23:26
Black Monks :

Adrian Woods :

Who or what is this directed towards? Maybe I'm dense but I can't tell who you are upset with.

So I can avoid another ban, all I will say is....it's not PB or Sukit
04/09/18 23:28
I'm in Code 99 aswell PB...…...Stanford RFC
04/09/18 23:28
I'm in Code 99 aswell PB...…...Stanford RFC
05/09/18 00:09
Who received a ban? I'm really lost, who on here said that a topic on here couldn't be discussed by you?