Fans gained and lost. Again

26/10/16 01:13
I'm trying to think about ways to adjust fans won and lost as I genuinely feel it's spoiling the game.
I've dicussed it in gvg, extra training matches etc.
I don't lose often (other than matches where significant MB is used against me) but yet it takes several days now to recoup a single loss.

My latest idea is to gain more fans for more tries and lose less for close scores. Let me explain:

You gain 100 fans for a win.
If you go MB free and win you gain a further 100 fans.
If you score 4 tries or more you gain 100 more fans
Therefore you could potentially gain 300 fans for a win

Alternatively you currently lose 1100 fans for a loss.
If you play MB free that would reduce by 200 fans
If you lose within 7 points this would reduce by 200
At a minimum you would lose 700 fans.

In my opinion this still makes it hard to gain fans but meeting certain criteria less of an effort to gain fans. It also feels more realistic in that you would gain more fans playing more attractive expansive rugby and lose less fans for close matches. It also shouldn't be hard to implement as it reflects the bonus point system used in championship matches.

What do people think?

26/10/16 17:34
Great idea
30/10/16 08:46
brumiesalteño :

I'm trying to think about ways to adjust fans won and lost as I genuinely feel it's spoiling the game.
I've dicussed it in gvg, extra training matches etc.
I don't lose often (other than matches where significant MB is used against me) but yet it takes several days now to recoup a single loss.

My latest idea is to gain more fans for more tries and lose less for close scores. Let me explain:

You gain 100 fans for a win.
If you go MB free and win you gain a further 100 fans.
If you score 4 tries or more you gain 100 more fans
Therefore you could potentially gain 300 fans for a win

Alternatively you currently lose 1100 fans for a loss.
If you play MB free that would reduce by 200 fans
If you lose within 7 points this would reduce by 200
At a minimum you would lose 700 fans.

In my opinion this still makes it hard to gain fans but meeting certain criteria less of an effort to gain fans. It also feels more realistic in that you would gain more fans playing more attractive expansive rugby and lose less fans for close matches. It also shouldn't be hard to implement as it reflects the bonus point system used in championship matches.

What do people think?

Great idea, even give us an allowance for more training matches to earn the same amount of fans back, at present once all training matches are played it seems like days before you get a full compliment of challengers back to play again.
30/10/16 12:53
If you are allowed to do more training matches wouldn't it be fair to assume you would also get challenged more?
30/10/16 13:16
Black Monks :

If you are allowed to do more training matches wouldn't it be fair to assume you would also get challenged more?

That is a possibility!!
i dont seem to get challenged that often and would welcome that, game gets boring waiting for challengers to appear for training matches!
30/10/16 18:15
New training opponent appears every 4 hours.
That's the cycle.
03/11/16 17:29
Blackmonks and taff aside from training matches (which I agree there should be more of if you're only gaining 100 fans a time say 1 every 2 hours) What are your opinions on the original topic? I'm interested to know.
03/11/16 17:39
I really haven't put much thought into fans as its never been an issue for me. With that said I'm staying at stadium lvl 20 because the system above that is broke. But I have 0 ideas on how to address it since i dont even know how it currently works specidically
03/11/16 17:55
brumiesalteño :

Blackmonks and taff aside from training matches (which I agree there should be more of if you're only gaining 100 fans a time say 1 every 2 hours) What are your opinions on the original topic? I'm interested to know.

Fundamentally I like the idea.

As with many things on these threads, I guess I would also ask (other than customer satisfaction) what is in it for the developers to spend time and resources on it however.
There are a great many changes and great ideas across the forum, and frankly, how many fans won or lost etc is not the highest change I would have in a change agenda.

In fact, it would be quite low. Below moving away from fans as a ranking !

Can't remember where it was now, but weather I thought was a great idea. And there have been many.
Bottom line is, the game needs things that our stratagy orientated as enhancements (again in my view)
Everything else is incidental.

03/11/16 20:10
Thanks guys.