Match up - Leveling out the playing fields.

Black Monks :

Black Monks :

Black Monks :

KOTJ :

I need new socks :

So let me get this straight so what ur saying is that the guilds that win the most match ups, with the best players in them shouldnt be ranked no 1 because other guilds are better than them even thou they cant beat these guilds cos they don't have the best players but they have players that are good for their level? So in say real life terms a team like georgia would be ranked no 1 in the world cos they are quite good at their level and they have some good players even thou they cant beat the all blacks who have some of the best players in the world And who are current world champs, because the all blacks have been playing at a higher level than georgia for longer??

The example of Georgia does not work here. Both teams are competing at the same “level” (international team).
If you want to use real life terms, don’t forget that in Rugby you also have a U20 world cup / ranking. The “Under 20” teams don’t compete with the Pro teams.. and they have their own ranking.

And, we just made suggestions to be discussed.
Personally I am fine with any ranking. The idea is to motivate new players who join the game and can quickly get demotivated when they see they would need 3 years to get to the top. (3 years in real life rugby is nothing... 3 years on a game app is a lot...).

From my understanding this is just a game... And none of us will get a professional Rugby Manager contract.. So, I am not taking any ranking very seriously.. The best you can win here is probably a screenshot on your phone...

Let's go back on topic now

And no U20 team thinks they are the best team in the world, they would only think they are the best U20 team in the world. So the use of top guild in it's current use is completely appropriate and in agreement with the examples. The U20 is not considered more top than the non age limit world cup.
Your message has been sent, seen, succefully ignored and forgotten
Black Monks :

Black Monks :

Black Monks :

Black Monks :

KOTJ :

I need new socks :

So let me get this straight so what ur saying is that the guilds that win the most match ups, with the best players in them shouldnt be ranked no 1 because other guilds are better than them even thou they cant beat these guilds cos they don't have the best players but they have players that are good for their level? So in say real life terms a team like georgia would be ranked no 1 in the world cos they are quite good at their level and they have some good players even thou they cant beat the all blacks who have some of the best players in the world And who are current world champs, because the all blacks have been playing at a higher level than georgia for longer??

The example of Georgia does not work here. Both teams are competing at the same “level” (international team).
If you want to use real life terms, don’t forget that in Rugby you also have a U20 world cup / ranking. The “Under 20” teams don’t compete with the Pro teams.. and they have their own ranking.

And, we just made suggestions to be discussed.
Personally I am fine with any ranking. The idea is to motivate new players who join the game and can quickly get demotivated when they see they would need 3 years to get to the top. (3 years in real life rugby is nothing... 3 years on a game app is a lot...).

From my understanding this is just a game... And none of us will get a professional Rugby Manager contract.. So, I am not taking any ranking very seriously.. The best you can win here is probably a screenshot on your phone...

Let's go back on topic now

And no U20 team thinks they are the best team in the world, they would only think they are the best U20 team in the world. So the use of top guild in it's current use is completely appropriate and in agreement with the examples. The U20 is not considered more top than the non age limit world cup.

Back on topic
I'm not to sure about all that. All I do know is our GC opponents just jumped to an average 30 levels stronger than our average. We have a bunch of lvl 50 teams playing against lvl 70 teams, because we work harder than they do. The question 'why don't you just match guilds of equal strenght, and be done with it' is a stupid one. They want you to use Visa to re-level the playing field, just like they're trying to extort money from you to 'stop the advertisements'. It's all about money.
Guest, I'm betting that you all had lots of wins prior to the change, if that is correct then you have high points and are being matched with other high point guilds. As this new system progresses you will have similar points to equal strength guilds and the challenges will be excellent. The very top are already experiencing this. Also, remember that people at the higher champ levels spend the most money, so if SN wanted to get them to spend more money they wouldn't put them against your guild, you all just have the misfortune of being part of the leveling where you are higher because you had a great win loss record in the past.
Hi Bm,
I agree with your point about 'visa' players. And a change in the dynamic is what players asked for.
But, yet again you're referring to the very top of the Guild 'table'. It's great for the teams who want to compete for the 'top' and play regularly.
My Guild is probably mid/lower, but 3 of the 4 match-ups, since the change, has seen us compete against much much tougher opponents than before. We like to play regularly, now it's beginning to look like our involvement is going to have be less frequent.
I can see 2 reasons for this. Some high level Guilds may not play as much anyway and some may be 'bully' Guilds, who just want a win.
Like, I remarked early, I hope is isn't going to be ongoing. It is early for the new structure to take root and time will tell.

Cheers..........
I'm saying it has already leveled at the top and the leveling will Cascade. So I'm saying all should be patient and things are going to get much better than before.

My current guild is high fan and we were going up against the best each time and losing or drawing with an occasional win. Now we are going against super low guilds but slowly building up to stronger. As we go to the stronger some will face us that will be overmatched. It isn't fun for them or for us, but in time we will all be near opponents our strength so every challenge will be a better challenge than any before. So yes, right now it stinks for powerful and not powerful as we sort out, the very top and very bottom are sorted and that will Cascade up and down both in time, does that make sense how it is good for all? And the daily challenging challenges is what will encourage visa players, not the mismatched gvg.
And as far as the bully guilds, it was common for guilds to remain low fan in order to stay vs lower opponents, that would result in bully matchups. Now the only way to manipulate low is to sit out and I think most people would rather the competition, I hope at least, and thus will end up settling where they are surrounded by equals. Time will tell, I could be wrong but I think in 2 months we will all be having regular challenging challenges
Never mind in a couple of months, my guild is about to have a challenging Challenge in a couple of hours. Oh, and we promise not to use MB.
I am going to use every allowable ounce of mb!!!!