Match up - Leveling out the playing fields.

Hi Bm,
it could cascade down (and I hope it does). I noticed in the last challenge we had, the (far stronger) other Guild did just enough to win, I just put it down to inactive members. But, the same pattern is happening again. With 12 hrs to go, they are 2 wins in front. Yes, still a long way to go, but as I state, this happened in the last Challenge. They kept 2 wins in front, all the way through. If this stays a constant, I have made plans to scupper them!
Obviously the reason for this, is that they don't score a huge number of points to move them far up the league table. They won't need the cash, just the rec. points.
The points are for gvg win/draw/lost and not the total number of wins. So that is the same no matter what, I know my guild has a 12 hour rule where we can only play one of our games in the first 12 hours. This is to ensure everyone has an opportunity to play and has nothing to do with keeping it close
Hi,
I see, so a lot of inactives then. I thought points were given on individual wins etc. 'Pay Attention'!
But, it goes to prove the system IS flawed.
I think it's based on the final result, but if I'm wrong please let me know!
Yes, that's what says on the update note.
'For each guild challenge won in the last 60 days you earn +3 points and for each draw +1 point.'
I misread.
But, at least it gives an insight into players' attitudes. We've gone from 80% participation down to 40%. Some shredding to be done!
So the guilds with the most highest ranking or highest level players isn't the best guild? Give it a rest! If you want to play with the big boys win all of tour challenges and hit close to 90 points, then you will come up against the likes of Webb, KtV, Sicarii, IFC etc. All of whome have high ranking teams and are in the top 20 guilds. Why is that? Because they win! So how are they not the best?
*Saruman* :

So the guilds with the most highest ranking or highest level players isn't the best guild? Give it a rest! If you want to play with the big boys win all of tour challenges and hit close to 90 points, then you will come up against the likes of Webb, KtV, Sicarii, IFC etc. All of whome have high ranking teams and are in the top 20 guilds. Why is that? Because they win! So how are they not the best?

Hi,
which comment are you referring to?
hooligan #Rugga :

Yes agreed that the current system with level itself out. But then once again the top ranking sides will be the guild with the most high ranking teams not the best guilds.

I think this one back on page 1 of this thread, but I may be wrong.
Could be. Mind you we're all guilty of not correctly reading 'stuff' at times. Lol.
Yeah it was pg 1, cba reading it all, 10 pages! Nah! Just didnt understand the reasoning behind the comment. Surly the guilds with the biggest teams and most wins are the best guilds?