cannot play "play a match"

17/12/16 20:13
Black Monks :

Boggy Bognor :

Black Monks :

guest_1444417748347 :

It's about good customer service and sorting out issues within an acceptable timescale not same vague response. People pay real cash to play this game, maybe including yourself, and a vague response about early next week really sounds like the developer can't be bothered and will do it when they feel like it.

Game development is not the easiest thing, if it was you would do it. So to give a specific time would not be a good idea because if they were right you would get even more butt hurt than you already are. So let me translate what they said. Our tech guys are off work until Monday, when they return from the weekend they will fix the problem as quickly as they can. Now settle down so croxton doesnt have to do what your parents should habe done

Game development isn't easy I agree and I should know as I'm one. That's why you make changes in a dev system, then you test them, sort out the bugs and then transfer to the live system. Yes, sometimes things don't always go to plan but then the developers shouldn't have issued a new version into "live" on a Friday and then cleared off for the weekend, should they! A bit half cocked if you ask me.

On a slightly different point I trust you and Croxton aren't advocating violence towards children in your posts as that would be totally inappropriate!

Game developer and social justice warrior, what a great combination. Our threat of hitting a kid is about as real as the fans we are getting butt hurt about. And discipline and violence are not synonymous.

You may mock Black Monks but as someone who, in my spare time, is and has been for 10 years now a Special Constable I have seen many situations where violence towards children has been described as "only a smack". There is a fine line between discipline and violence, it doesn't take much to cross that fine line.

Anyway enough said.
17/12/16 21:20
Boggy Bognor :

Black Monks :

Boggy Bognor :

Black Monks :

guest_1444417748347 :

It's about good customer service and sorting out issues within an acceptable timescale not same vague response. People pay real cash to play this game, maybe including yourself, and a vague response about early next week really sounds like the developer can't be bothered and will do it when they feel like it.

Game development is not the easiest thing, if it was you would do it. So to give a specific time would not be a good idea because if they were right you would get even more butt hurt than you already are. So let me translate what they said. Our tech guys are off work until Monday, when they return from the weekend they will fix the problem as quickly as they can. Now settle down so croxton doesnt have to do what your parents should habe done

Game development isn't easy I agree and I should know as I'm one. That's why you make changes in a dev system, then you test them, sort out the bugs and then transfer to the live system. Yes, sometimes things don't always go to plan but then the developers shouldn't have issued a new version into "live" on a Friday and then cleared off for the weekend, should they! A bit half cocked if you ask me.

On a slightly different point I trust you and Croxton aren't advocating violence towards children in your posts as that would be totally inappropriate!

Game developer and social justice warrior, what a great combination. Our threat of hitting a kid is about as real as the fans we are getting butt hurt about. And discipline and violence are not synonymous.

You may mock Black Monks but as someone who, in my spare time, is and has been for 10 years now a Special Constable I have seen many situations where violence towards children has been described as "only a smack". There is a fine line between discipline and violence, it doesn't take much to cross that fine line.

Anyway enough said.

No, not enough said, as a social worker full time I am tired of everyone being told they can't say certain things in certain ways. The reason I'm tired of it is because it doesn't change behavior (prevent abuse/neglect/racism/etc). It simply tells the people that are abusive to never talk about it and to tell those around them to never talk about it. In other words, it assists with the grooming process by allowing a person to meet social norms while quieting their victim. Also, the reason you have seen horrible things minimized is because they have been trained to minimize. So thank you for your part time work, but allow a little joke now and then? And I really can't believe that a guy on a forum joking about an adult not being smacked as a kid had to turn into a diatribe about the morality of a good smack. Shall we now waste our time on this forum discussing what smacks are and are not acceptable? Start discussing research and the flaws of said research? Or should we laugh or chose not to laugh over a very funny and obviously joking statement? I suggest the latter personally
17/12/16 21:55
*Watches Monks drop the mic and walk away into the fog*

Literally couldn't have put it better myself! From a throw away comment to emphasise a point about a posters petulance to this is insanity and definitely people reading WAY too much into a comment and picking their own context. Dare not joke about women (my other half is one, may offend her) and those Irish jokes need to stop (they exist too)

At this rate, when people continue to say "you may never mention this ever" we'll have nothing left to joke about. After all, even horses may get offended at the unicorn jokes as they will never be one... Save the horse, save his feelings!
17/12/16 22:13
Wait, the Irish exist? I thought that whole pot of gold at the end of the rainbow wasn't true
19/12/16 06:14
Why does everyone stress about fans,the income from 5k fans is sfa.