Debate for MB

10/10/17 16:48
My m.b. cost me stuff all but i was clever enough to recruit low wage players...i shouldnt be penalised for being more intelligent than all the idiots that complain about m.b.
10/10/17 17:43
Lots have found ways to use mb but I think you are in the minority and most, myself included, want it gone. An ability to do basic math should not be considered a sign of superior intellect. It's an issue of base principles, most want to have no mb and some need to have mb.
10/10/17 17:45
And understand that the complaint about mb has nothing to do with it's cost.
10/10/17 18:30
Wow. Huge debate.

I vote to remove it completely. It causes arguments with no factual data behind it.
One of our guilds has just been accused of using MB but they played the other team at low energy and subbed.
Now the other team comes and beats that same team at full energy and subs in a friendly and says we used MB.

Just remove it. No more arguments.
10/10/17 18:45
Remove it completely as you promised to do. You then reneged on a promise which is a bad thing to,do.
10/10/17 19:20
A point well made by The Master given Patch 4.2 was reducing it 1% per season until it stopped at 10%.
10/10/17 19:43
One of the fallen legends of the game :

A point well made by The Master given Patch 4.2 was reducing it 1% per season until it stopped at 10%.

It didn't stop at 10, it got down to 6 then jumped back up to 10.
10/10/17 20:23
Match bonus is creating much more negativity over the game than doing good.

How long have people been complaining about it? How many have left the game or threatened to do so directly because of match bonus? Shouldn't that send a message?

What people want in any competitive game is to pit skill against skill to see who comes out victorious. That's why people are prepared to spend hours on this game every day - it's a thrill when the strategy you've put hours into developing finally clicks and you're able to beat guys even above your level. That thrill is robbed from the game when those hours of strat development and team management are undermined in a second by another player simply sliding the MB thingy to the right.

Basically, with MB a part of the game, all a player has to do to get to the top of every championship and reach the top levels is ignore strategy completely, don't bother with buying players, and just develop all your buildings as soon as possible, maximize your fans by staying low in the rankings, and use all the money you get from your buildings to match bonus everyone. Easy ride to the top of every championship. This is made even easier if you just have 15 players in your squad with low salaries. Now ask yourself... is that promoting competitiveness and spending on quality players? Time spent on the game developing strategy and therefore contributing to the addictiveness of the game, translating into more long term players and better profitability for the developers? I see it as lose / lose.

Some guys say match bonus is fair to use against "coiners". But there are 2 problems with this logic: firstly, "coiners" use MB too; secondly, people generally label another team a "coiner" because he has credit card players in his team, but there are ways to have those without actually spending real cash. So it's a decision based on an assumption that could be wrong and unfairly punishes a player for good team management.

Getting rid of match bonus will not necessarily make the game boring for those who are battling. I've asked before if the developers can display a ranking list of the top 100 teams in each level - not just the top 100 in the whole game. It is a great feeling seeing your name in the top 100 list and it is incredibly motivating. Just adding that feature will add a lot of value to the game.

Another bad effect of Match Bonus on the game: BAD BLOOD BETWEEN GUILDS. There have been two guilds in the past 3 or 4 weeks who got surprised by some very good wins in GVG by our Academy guild. TerraNova DOES NOT USE MATCH BONUS IN GVG. IT IS AGAINST GUILD POLICY. But when those guilds saw the loss, they immediately jumped to the assumption that match bonus was used and started changing their guild name to defamatory comments about TerraNova. In fact, you might have seen today that one particular guild has changed their guild name to "(Guild Name Withheld) - Terranova not so mighty without MB". Why? Because one of our Academy's level 37 teams beat their level 50 team in GVG. Of course they completely ignore the fact that our level 37 used subs and their guy didn't, that he played while their level 50 had low energy, and that a subsequent friendly proved that the result was legit without MB. So then almost all of them started using MB and our Academy now stands little to no chance of winning the GVG. Also, there is now bad blood between that guild and TerraNova - basically over their lack of knowledge about the game really. There have been 2 incidents like this recently.

So for the above reasons, as well as others already stated by our friends in the game and in other guilds, TerraNova votes NO to match bonus. Get rid of it completely!

10/10/17 20:52
@Terranova - perhaps your coiner player called 'SA outlaws please use MB as your SHIT' shouldn't be playing the players at SA outlaws to enflame the situation- a guild that fights its own country men is nothing in my eyes. I vote keep MB.
10/10/17 21:06
Pretty pointless on continuing the debate on this thread. The last meaningful posts on here was more than two years ago when the effect of mb was quite different to what is today